It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 04:21 AM   #1

Traweaver HB User
Question Tupler Technique - Maternal Fitness

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a book called Maternal Fitness by Julie Tupler. I was wondering if anyone has practiced her techniques for labor and delivery.

The exercises are suppose to strengthen your abdominals and pelvic muscles to help ease the delivery and get your stomach back in shape quicker once you have had the baby.

Anyone heard of this? If you have tried it can you tell what your experience was?

Thanks!
Tracey
Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Old 09-19-2003, 07:52 AM   #2

jimjend HB User
Sounds very interesting. Let us know what you think when you start. I'm going to the book store this weekend so I think I'll check that out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
I haven't heard of that book but I have been doing a pregnancy workout video called Fit Mama! It has 3 parts: a salsa session, a fat burning yoga session, and a floor session. You can break up the excercises 3-4 times a week and it's supposed to help strengthen the back, abdominal, pelvis, and leg areas for birth as well. It even has 3 different levels of activity for first, second and third trimester. It's pretty good and a lot of fun but expect to be a tad sore the first couple times. Not too strenuous.

Walking is great too but I felt I needed a little more fun and area focused fitness during this time. I highly reccommend this workout video.
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 baby - Joshua James!

Old 09-19-2003, 03:09 PM   #4

Traweaver HB User
Thanks for the replies,

I plan to bring the book to my first appt. on Monday to see what he thinks.(my doctor will probably be like "Oh great...one of those!! hehe) I'll let you know.

Have a great weekend!
Tracey
Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Closed Thread