It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 02:10 PM   #1

undecided HB User
Question sharp pain??

Hey,

I still don't know for certain sure that I'm preg. I am taking an hpt later today or tomorrow.

Last night, my b/f and I were laying on the floor together watching a movie and all of a sudden, my stomach started hurting really badly.

I had to roll onto my back and it hurt worse when I put pressure on it, but it didn't hurt if I tightened up my stomach muscles.

The pain was half way between my belly button and my side/hip and went from as high as just above my navel to my pelvic bone.

Any ideas what might have caused it?

Old 09-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #2

Traweaver HB User
If you are pregnant it could be the stretching of your uterus. It could also be cramps meaning AF is on the way. You'll never know until you test.
Good luck.
Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Hello! I would advise you to take a hpt as soon as possible to see if it is positive this can be normal due to your uterus and ligaments exspanding. Do you feel it on only one side? This could also be a sign of an etopic pregnancy if your hpt is positive and this pain worsens call your doctor and see him/her immediately to rule out an etopic and make sure that everthing looks normal and the pregnancy is in the uterus.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-15-2003, 10:19 AM   #4

ordinarymom HB User
OUCH! Sounds similar to when I had a cyst rupture on my ovary. I actually went to emergency because the pain was so severe. They told me it was probably quite large to rupture. Good luck.

Old 09-17-2003, 08:29 PM   #5

undecided HB User
ooops. posted the same message too many times.

[This message has been edited by undecided (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #6

undecided HB User
ooops again

[This message has been edited by undecided (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 09-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #7

undecided HB User
Hey,

hpt negative. I'm not sure that I believe it though. AF is 7 days late. The pain has not come back, so I have no idea what it was. Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-17-2003, 08:41 PM   #8
Veteran

mandy911 HB User
Hi
My name is Mandy. I will try not to scare you but my sister-in-law was about 3 days late and took a hpt and it was positive. She was about 9 days late when she started having severe pain in her side. She went to the hospital and the gave her a test it was neg.Come to find out she was pregnant in the tube. I am not saying you are pg in the tube this was only her experience. This could be anything. You could have ovulated late therefore the period will be late or it could be trapped gas(I hope I am not offending you) or if your hsg level are to low a hpt will not detect it yet. In all I think you should see your Dr. if this pain continues. I wish you all the best.
Mandy

[This message has been edited by mandy911 (edited 09-17-2003).]
Tubal reversal 11-04-02
HSG tubes are open
DH SA 40mil
DD is 12 years old
DS is 10 years old
TTC #3 since Nov. of 2002
early miscarriage on Oct.30, 2003 (4 weeks 5 days)
Started clomid first cycle on Dec 26 2003(50mg)
~~~~
Mandy

Old 09-18-2003, 02:29 PM   #9

undecided HB User
Hey,

AF came today. The pain has not come back. Soooooo I don't know what to think. But, I'm not worried anymore.

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 09-19-2003, 07:58 AM   #10

ordinarymom HB User
What a relief huh? Some times you just have to admit that now may not be the best time. I had a real scare in college too. I was glad that I wasn't PG then even though it wouldn't have been the worse thing in the world. Be careful enough to be sure is all you can do!
Enjoy college and Good Luck!!!!

Old 09-20-2003, 07:29 AM   #11

TruBoo4Life HB User
Well I am happy to hear that the stress is over.. Now would be a good time to go to the drug store for some condoms.. it is obvious you don't want a baby now.. also I would highly recommend birth control.. just until you are ready and you don't have to force yourself into making another stressful decision.. Good Luck on your future endeavors...
Jeremiah-22
IT'S A GIRL- Symone Lynn
EDD 3-24-03 to 4-1-03

Closed Thread