It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 10:11 AM   #1

jimjend HB User
Talking May Mommas - Any 1st appts yet?

Hey all you May Moms, has anyone had their 1st appts yet? I am being tortured and have to wait till next Tuesday!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 10:17 AM   #2

chloebug HB User
I know the feeling when I found out I had to wait untill Sept 25 It seemed so far. I will be 8 weeks then so maybe we will see a heartbeat.
I have been haveing my blood work checked everyweek they found out my progesterone was a little low good thing I went and found out early. Keep me informed May moms!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #3

mom2girlandboy HB User
Hi! I go on the 25th just to give my medical history to the nurses. On Oct. 7th I go for my first appointment with the doctor. They will do an ultrasound then. Hope I can wait that long! Hope everyone is getting along well!
TTC #3 since 8/03
missed miscarriage 10/03

Old 09-11-2003, 12:17 PM   #4

TLReed HB User
Wow, my first appointment is on the 25th also! We should be having our first ultrasound then too and be able to see the heartbeat. I can't wait!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #5

angel0317 HB User
Yes, I had my 1st appt. yesterday. I had to have blood work done to check my progesterone levels. I had to due to them being low last month. At that time I was told I would have to be on fertility drugs. I sure showed them wrong. They just gave me progesterone to force start my period & it made me ovulate, obviously. I am 6 weeks. I go back Oct. 8 to hear the heartbeat. I am so excited. I hope my blood work comes back ok though. Good luck to all of you. Here's to a happy & healthy 8 months.

Andrea
EDD 5/6/04

Old 09-11-2003, 01:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefortoday HB User
I just found out this week I'm pregnant with our third and am due May 20. I've seen the doctor because I was spotting, but after the HCG level checks . . . everything looks good and I go back for an ultrasound in three weeks (October 2). Congrats to all you other moms-to-be out there. Motherhood is absolutely fabulous!!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:37 AM   #7

chloebug HB User
EVERYONE SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE DOING GREAT.
I'M HAVE TO HAVE MY LEVELS CHECKED EVERYWEEK MY PROGESTERONE CAME BACK A LITTLE LOW LAST WEEK SO THEY STARTED ME ON SUPPLEMENTS AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL HAVE PICKED UP BY NEXT WEEK. GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :ROUND:

Old 09-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #8

angel0317 HB User
Exclamation

Hi,
I just had my progesterone checked. It was at 11.5 & should be at 20. They gave me vaginal suppositories I have to do 2 x's a day for the next 6 weeks. Not much fun. I was told the suppositories work faster & are better if you are having morning sickness b/c the pills won't do as much if that is the case. I definitely have the morning sickness & all day naseau. But it is all worth it!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Andrea

Old 09-12-2003, 10:31 AM   #9

angel0317 HB User
Exclamation

Hi,
I just had my progesterone checked. It was at 11.5 & should be at 20. They gave me vaginal suppositories I have to do 2 x's a day for the next 6 weeks. Not much fun. I was told the suppositories work faster & are better if you are having morning sickness b/c the pills won't do as much if that is the case. I definitely have the morning sickness & all day naseau. But it is all worth it!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Andrea

Old 09-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #10

cherrygurl HB User

I am due May 2. I am SO excited, this is my first baby and I feel it is a true blessing. I feel like there is something wrong with me though, cuz I am never sick in the mornings...is that normal? The only appiontment I had was for confirmation of the pregnancy and scheduling the ultrasound two weeks away (seems like forever to wait, ya?) So when do we start showing? I am excited to have the beautiful body of a pregnant woman.

Old 09-12-2003, 11:31 PM   #11
Inactive

Jera HB User
I am due May 3rd and had my first ultrasound last tuesday, the 9th. And we saw the heartbeat!!! I was amazed that we were able to see it so early. I am not having any nausea either but I do have cramps quite regularly, although they have subsided somewhat this last week. I guess everyone is different and experiences different symptoms. What you have is normal for you I suppose.

I have been having shortness of breath though the last couple of days and I have read that this could be caused by progesterone in that it relaxes everything, including your diaphragm.

Anyway...every week there seems to be something new. It's quite exciting. I can't wait til I start showing!

Good luck to all of you!

-Jera

Old 09-13-2003, 12:43 AM   #12

Traweaver HB User
HI ALL!

This is exactly the group I was looking for!! I just got a positive HPT and my first appt. is on Sept. 22nd! It is going to kill me to wait through all next week! If my calculations are right, I will be due around May 20th also!! My hubby and I are thrilled. This is our first!

What kind of symptoms are you all feeling? I am up in the middle of the night right now with gas that won't quit!! LOL

Talk to you soon!
Tracey
Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Old 09-13-2003, 07:34 AM   #13
Inactive

UHC HB User
I am a MAy 7 mommy!!
I had my confirmation appoitment from the OBGYN already.
My first appoinment for ultrasound is OCT 1. I am counting the days (17 days today) to my appointment.

As of right now (6 weeks) exept for tender breast I have no other pregnancy symptoms

I am so happy....It's my first baby.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:06 PM   #14

Jordansmom HB User
Hi all let me tell you al little about me.....

I went throught IVF in May 03 but it did not result in a pregnancy. I went through IVF again August 30th and last Monday it came back positive. I had another blood test on Friday and everything was a-okay (they were checking the HCG levels (going up as they are supposed to). On Sept 24th I an ultrasound to see how many are in there, yiks! Anyway. I am married and have a 7 1/2 year old son from a previous marriage. I will be 27 on Oct 10th and my due date is around the 13th of May, 13 days before my sons 8th birthday.

Blah, Blah....... tell me about all of you

Bless us all in our pregnancy.

Old 09-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #15
(female)

mommytobe HB User
Ahhh! It's not fair, I'm due @ May 9-10, & my doc won't even see me till 10 weeks...my initial visit isn't til oct 16.

Closed Thread