It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 05:48 PM   #1

*AnGeL* HB User
Post August 2003 Mums

Hi there. I had a baby girl (Brianna Marie) on the 14th of August (she weighed in at 7lb 11oz and 19.9 inches) and i would just like to see how other Mums with bubs in the same age bracket are doing.

My baby girl is now a month old (obviously) and last time i had her weighed in she was 7lb 13oz and still the same length. At the moment she is feeding on Karicare as my milk dried up prematurely after 2 weeks of breastfeeding. I also got her first smiles this week and it melted my heart!

I had a pretty okay labour (in that i lasted it without any drugs) but i was really disappointed afterwards. They only classified my labour as 3 hours long, with only a 5 minute second stage (i only gave 3 pushes and she was out) however i was in pain for 13 hours, because only my hind waters broke, and no-one checked me out properly (they assumed all was going well because i was dialating), i was having irregular contractions for those 10 hours, that weren't accomplishing much! (i had dialated 2.3 inches in that time). Anyway, the doc came and noticed what was happening, broke my fore waters, placed an internal monitor on my babys head, and put me on syntocinin (despite my objections to the monitor and drip, he still did it). They then counted my labour from that moment which was very intense as i was also in 'back labour' which is unusual considering my baby was anterior, and i got no breaks in between my contractions. They told me i had an extrememly strong pain threshold to handle it all without pain killers. My little girl was born then with the cord around her neck twice and needed oxygen. I also felt as though this was my fault as i kept active throughout my pregnancy.

Anyway, the main thing is i have a beautiful, extremely healthy baby girl. I am due to have my 6 week checkup and her weighed again in 2 weeks ao i'll post again then.

I would really like to hear your birthing stories and hear all about your babies also.

Thanks

------------------
From *AnGeL*
Mum to a beautiful baby girl born on the 14th August 2003.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 07:25 PM   #2
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
ANGEL~ congrats on your new little girl
I had my son Anthony on 8/6/03 he weighed 7lb5oz 19.5 inches long. I havent been to the doc in a few weeks but when I went he was up to 8 lbs.

my lobor was pretty easy I supose cause it was my third one. they had to literally hold him in for the doctor cause he just came out. I went to the hospital at 6 am and had him at 4:44 pm. but I had my epidural early so it wasnt too bad.

there were no complications. other than the staff all sucked !! but other than that it was great and im greatful its all over although there are moments when I wish I was pg with him still just for one more night so I can get some rest. lol

Old 09-14-2003, 07:43 PM   #3

jennylyn85 HB User
I had my baby on the 14th also. A baby girl. I had no clue that I was in labor until I was 9 centimeters and by then it was to late for pain killers. I went to the hospital at 11:30pm and she was born at 2:24 I only pushed for 20 min. The doctors were very amazed it went that fast since this was just my first. at birth she weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 20 and a half inches. i took her to the doctor for her once month check up and she is no 8-8 and 22 and half inches. she is doing great although she has her days and nights confused and she spits up alot.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:39 PM   #4

*AnGeL* HB User
I had Bree weighed in today at her 6 week appointment and she has grown to a whopping 9lb 13oz. She put on like double what they expected but because she had lost weight previously, she is still in the 50% band. She is now also 21.8 inches and her HC is 14.4 inches.

Bree had also been spitting up alot, but i have been feeding her too much they think, or she may have a slight case of reflux which would explain why the poor doll cries soo much!

Hope all is well with your bubbies!

------------------
From *AnGeL*
Mum to a beautiful baby girl born on the 14th August 2003.

Closed Thread