It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #1

Ally2001 HB User
Talking October Moms

Hi Everyone!

Where is everyone? It's been lonely here.

Hope you all are doing good. I have been doing just fine here. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment so hopefully everything is still fine with both the baby and I. We have two more Lamaze classes left. I have enjoyed going. I have really learned so much.

Heaven, how was your blood work? Also thanks for letting me know about the baking soda bath. It's been working for me. I still have them a little but not near as bad as last week.

Karcia, Thursday is the BIG day, right? you will finally get to meet your little one. Can't wait to hear the details when you get back from the hospital.

How is everyone else doing? The time is getting real close for all of us.

Have a great day!

------------------
Ally
EDD: 10-21-03
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-16-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi, apart from really SHOCKING heartburn I am going fine and hope everyone else is ! I thought i was in labour last night though.....Was getting low back pain, low period like pain, a pain going down my left leg to my knee and definately getting a tight feeling in my stomach every 10 to 15 mins .....I was freaking out LOL I am not quite 36 weeks and due to be induced on Sunday 28th sept....Anyway i went to bed and thought well what will be will be and woke up at 3 this morning with shocking heart burn, but not more pains thank god......This heartburn has kept me awake the last 4 nights in a row I guess its our bodies way of preparing us for NO SLEEP when our babies are born......I am so tired though.....Anyway hope everyone is well and not TOO uncomfortable.....

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2003, 05:23 AM   #3

aev30 HB User
Hey! I am here and getting VERY uncomfortable. The baby has dropped even more and my doctor said my cervix is thinning. She said her guess is that I only have another week! That would mean Gavin will be arriving early if that's true. I was actually kind of shocked when she said that. That would be fine with me just so he doesn't decide to come during this hurricane. I live right on the coast of Maryland so we are probably going to have to go inland some. We will be closer to the hospital though just in case!
I hope everyone else is feeling well. Please keep in touch-we are all getting so close!!
Wasn't Karcia having her c-section yesterday? I hope everything went well for her and the little one.
Have a great day!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-17-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
I'm here too! Though not as much as I used to be because my parents are keeping me really busy.

I had a weekly appt yesterday and everything looks good still. My midwife guesses that the baby is 8 1/2 pounds! But it's really a guess and there's no way of knowing the accurate weight until he gets here. I measured 42! 3cm more than last week. Could be that the baby just changed positions though. His butt was sticking out a lot.

Mysurprise, I'm also having a lot of heartburn. I hate it! It's so uncomfortable. I also though I was going into labor last night. Contractions were coming every few minutes and was getting some menstrual cramp-type feelings and bachache. I went to bed and they went away. Pre-labor I guess...

Aev, I hope you're not badly affected by the hurricane. Take care and be careful. Good thing you're leaving the coast - I've heard of people who decided to stay when it was downgraded to two. It's not worth the risk.

Karcia, let us kow how things go when you get a chance. I've been thinking of you.

Ally, hope your appt went well today. Let us know when you get a sec.

Take care!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-17-2003, 12:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hey Guys!

We had our baby girl on Monday! I will post a seperate topic with the details!

SHE'S HERE!!!!!

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #6

Karcia HB User
Heaven: What!!!??? Wow, you went early! This is so exciting! Monday. Wow. A girl. That is awesome. I am so excited for you. You'll have to tell us everything! I will check the other posts for your message. I caught my breath when I read your post. I can't believe it. I never imagined you'd be before me. I go in tomorrow morning at 6am. Getting nervous.
Karcia
Delivering Sept 18/03

Old 09-17-2003, 01:07 PM   #7

Ally2001 HB User
Heaven, CONGRATS!!!! You must be so excited. Looks like you were the first to go out of all of us! Enjoy your new baby girl and don't forget to check in with us now and then.

Mysurprisebaby, I'm sorry to hear about your heartburn. So far I have been lucky and haven't had to deal with that yet. Good luck to you on the 28th. Hope you have a nice easy labor!

AEV, Sounds to me like your real getting close. Won't be long and you will be holding your little Gavin. Hopefully the hurricane will stay away from where your at.

KMC, Glad to hear your weekly appt went well. Hopefully your baby's not really that big yet, ouch!

Karcia, Good luck tomorrow! Let us know the details as soon as you can.

I had my appointment today and everything is going well. I go back Oct. 1st and will have my first internal and my Group B strep test and then will be going every week.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 01:10 PM   #8
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
WOW I still cant believe we are all so close !!!! CONGRATULATIONS HEAVEN AND GOOD LUCK KARCIA I am getting so nervous now LOL 10 days till I go in ...I dont know about you guys, but this all seems so unreal to me...I know I have a baby inside of me, but I still cant quite believe it...I know that probably sounds so insane, but there is no other way of explaining it LOL I have been having some strange feelings I wanted to mention to see if others are maybe feeling the same or if its just me....Anyway what I am feeling is that I dont want anyone around me when this baby is born....except for my DH of course....I am just freaking out at the thought of all these people coming out of the woodwork to see me and my baby when she is born.....I ended up in tears last night thinking about it....Im sure my DH thinks i am insane LOL I am just having these real kind of possesive feelings towards my baby and she isnt even here yet LOL Its really hard to explain...One thing I am really worried about is there are certain family members and friends of my DH who i really dont like and I am thinking I dont want them anywhere near me....Please tell me if anyone else is having these types of feelings and if it is normal LOL

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL

Old 09-17-2003, 01:23 PM   #9
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Just wanted to add good luck with the hurricane over there AEV and wow you could have your baby within the week....We were all supposed to be October mums LOL

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL

Old 09-18-2003, 05:16 AM   #10

aev30 HB User
Wow! Congrats Heaven! And Karcia let us know how everything goes as soon as you can. I am sure you will have a safe and healthy delivery! All of us October moms are turning out to be September moms and if my doctor is right I could be next. Maybe is has to do with all these barometric pressure changes with the hurricane!
Stay healthy everyone and have a great day!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-18-2003, 08:55 AM   #11
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Karcia, I know you won't be reading this today, but just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. You may already have your baby in your arms by now! I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy. Let us know when you're feeling up to it.

I'm so jealous of those of you going early! I keep getting BH and I think I'm effacing a bit because I can feel the pressure down there, but nothing yet. Every night I think this could be it, but they never last. I'm nesting like crazy, so I think it'll happen soon.

Aev, let us know how you're doing when you can get back online.

Mysurprise, I know how you feel about people visiting. My DH's Godmother will be visiting in late October and his cousins will be here at Christmas. I adore them all, but am also dreading that they'll take over. I think it's normal. You have an instinct to protect your baby and that's very natural.

Have a great day everyone!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-18-2003, 06:04 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hi there,

I have a quick minute and wanted to check in on everybody. I wonder who will be next!?!?!?

Karcia - I know you won't be on the computer for awhile but I can't wait to her all about your delivery. Please post as soon as you can !!

To everyone else - I hope you are all feeling okay. I know the past few weeks I was so uncomfortable. I still look about 5 months pregnant which is so strange to me. I thought my stomach would just be lose flab (lol) but right now it's still hard. I'm always still rubbing my belly. I weighed myself and I've lost 17 lbs already...It's amazing how much fluid my body retained seeing as though Alexis was only 6 lbs.

Well, I will be waiting to hear the next birth story. This is all so exciting!!!

Take care Mommy's!

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 09-19-2003, 06:10 AM   #13

aev30 HB User
Good morning! We made it through the hurricane and all is well. I am just feeling so uncomfortable. I feel like Gavin is going to fall out any minute! I hope my doctor was right about me having him this week but I am preparing myself for the wait if she was wrong.
Heaven- Congrats again!! I am so happy for you and so glad that you are keeping in touch with us.
Karcia-I hope you and baby are doing well! Can't wait to hear from you.
To everyone else-I hope you are all feeling well and can't wait to see who's next.

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-19-2003, 07:46 AM   #14

Ally2001 HB User
Good morning all!

AEV, Glad to hear you made it through the hurricane. It sounds like you could very well be next. Good luck and when it comes to it I hope you have a nice & easy labor and can't wait to hear all about Gavin.

Heaven, I am glad to hear you & Alexis are doing well. I'm sure she's a real cutie! How have your nights been? is she up all the time? Keep in touch and let us know how everything is going.

KMC, It sounds like your getting real close as well. How exciting!! It's looking like I might end up being the only Oct. mom.

Mysurprisebaby, I wish you the best on the 28th. Hope all goes well.

Karcia, Hope you and your baby are doing well. Can't wait to hear from you again.

Have a great day!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-19-2003, 03:17 PM   #15
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi everyone, hope you are all well Well counting down for me now LOL I go for an ultrasound on Monday to check on the size of Haley...I am just over 36 weeks but measuring 40 WOW .....Hopefully its more fluid than baby LOL They need to do this before I go in next weekend to be induced incase she is massive and I need to have a c section....I REALLY REALLY hope this doesnt happen.....Also she is laying in a weird position, not engaged at all yet....I have finally finished with all the little last minute things you need to get....I pack my case today.....I still cant believe that in just over a week I will be holding my baby Anyway will post again after Monday and let you all know what is happening

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL

Closed Thread