It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #1

js2001sa HB User
Post Another HPT question

I took a hpt today and it read as negative. I read the other topic regarding this. I am curious have any of you taken an hpt and had it read negative and later found out you were actually pregnant?

Old 09-11-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I took 3 hpt's, one on a friday, did a urine test at the doctor the same friday, negative, did blood test the same day, POSITIVE. I was about a week late for AF at the time. There is a light at the end of the tunnell!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #3

gioia HB User
Talking

I'm 8 days late but always been regular like clockwork. Took two hpt's and both have been negative. I have all the pregnancy symptoms. I'm going to schedule a blood test in few days. Did the doctor have an explanation for why the hpt's were negative even though you were pregnant? Aren't these tests supposed to be so very accurate? Please respond. Thanks!

------------------
gia

Old 09-28-2003, 10:04 PM   #4

mommyinmichigan HB User
When I was pregnant with my twin boys ... I took a hpt 4 times and all showed negative. I felt that I was pregnant though, urpy feeling, sore breasts, sleeping in till 1 in the afternoon and still tired. I ended up going to the doctor and had blood drawn and sure enough, I was pregnant!

Old 09-29-2003, 12:11 AM   #5

TickledPeenk HB User
I am having symptoms-
started with fatigue and a slight aversion to food (ie you feel like eating but nothing looks good)
Had a spot of blood on my panties, no trace of other blood (could be implantation blood?)
Then progressed to a sore abdomen and back
Which progressed to really sensitive nipples
Which progressed to this morning I woke up with nausea and my stomach has just been doing flip flops all day
*Edited to add: I also started having dark urine this morning.. as in as dark as apple juice dark but it did get lighter as the day went on*

Besides, 9 days ago, BF and I havent had intercourse for about 3-4 weeks or so.

My BFF's aunt who has 3 kids said if I'm having symptoms that I'm more far along than 1 week, so I figured I'd take a HPT this morning even though I'm not due for next af for another week

Well, only one line this morning and no TRACE of another at all. So, HPT is totally 100% negative

I'm starting to wonder what I should do.
If I'm not pregnant these things are definitely not normal and it could be something serious...

Should I wait to see a doc until I'm due for my period and go if 2 lines come up?
Should I got next week if only one line comes up?

Or should I go asap?

[This message has been edited by TickledPeenk (edited 09-29-2003).]

Old 09-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
Wait until AF is due and then test again (first thing in the morning is best)

Good luck ~ I hope you get the + that you want

------------------
Hugs
Amanda
Mummy to 2 precious Angels

Old 09-30-2003, 08:11 AM   #7
Veteran

ladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by gioia:
Did the doctor have an explanation for why the hpt's were negative even though you were pregnant? Aren't these tests supposed to be so very accurate? Please respond. Thanks!
i know the tests say they detect very low level of hcg but many gals around here have posted that it took them a long time before they finally got a bfp on a hpt. sometimes your urine could be too diluted or your hcg levels are still quite low. getting a beta is the best idea!

good luck everyone...i hope you get the results you are looking for. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 09-30-2003, 09:47 PM   #8

TickledPeenk HB User
Well I called the doctor thinking I'd need an appointment for them to blood test me

The nurse said that
a. they don't accept the results of HPTs
b. that I can come into the lab w/out an appt and get tested for free
and c. to come in this coming monday to be tested (which is the day AF is due) and then go from there

So I am just waiting and every day is going by soooo slow

Oh and I woke up this morning and noticed that my breasts got a little bit bigger

Closed Thread