It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
Inactive

saraanne HB User
Post pregnancy and sex

Hello Everyone. I am 15 weeks pregnant and I was just wondering if sex is okay during pregnancy. Is the baby protected from any sperm that may accidently escape? Sorry to be gross.......

Old 09-04-2003, 02:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! yes sex is very safe during pg as long as you are not a high risk pg. I would ask hubby to use the pull out method if you are concerned

------------------
connie folger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #3

melstone HB User
I wish I had the desire to have sex. I am 17 weeks now and I think I could go the rest of the time with no sex. I have no drive at all. My husband is super frustrated with me and I figure I will have to give in eventually. I know this really had nothing to do with your question, but I needed to vent.

------------------
Melissa

Old 09-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #4

taharra HB User
I know what you mean Melissa. Right now I feel like I could go forever and never has sex again. I'm so not interested. Hopefully, in the second trimester I will have a little more drive.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 AM   #5
Inactive

saraanne HB User
thank you thank you thank you all......

I guess I have some good hormones because I want it all of the time!

Thank you all again for the replys, I feel alot better now about it.

Old 09-05-2003, 06:47 AM   #6

imakitty HB User
Question

I have a sex question too. I'll try not to be so graphic, but my dh is afraid to have normal sex.. i mean he goes really slow all the time and thats not what we always want. So, is it bad to go fast? hes not hitting my cervix or anything..

Old 09-05-2003, 01:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I don't think it's possible for any sperm to get into where the baby is. That's what the mucus plug is for, to stop anything from getting in there. Of course if you've lost your mucus plug, I'm sure you'd want to ask the doctor.

As for the last poster, my DH and I have..........rougher sex. Not as rough as it used to be, but I've had no problems and I'm almost 38 weeks. As long as it's not painfull and you don't have any cramping or bleeding after, I'd say go for it.

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-06-2003, 05:30 PM   #8

Zoe00 HB User
I hope this message isnt too graphic, but my husband was the same way, "it feels different" "youre not going to get yours anyways" "your belly is in the way" "the baby just kicked me"... there are different positions to try so that the belly isnt in the way, like doggie, and what I did was put a couple pillows under my bottom so as to lift the pelvis up higher than my stomach and my hubby had to problem with that. Besides, if and when you are towards the due date they say that for you to have a climax is the best way to enduce pregnancy naturally because it causes the uterus to contract. dont feel discouraged and dont feel like he is mad at you and belive you me, that a few days after my son was born my hormones came back with a vengance for 8 months of NOT "getting" mine (which stank because you aren't supposed to have intercourse for up to 6 weeks or until your body feels like its safe to..) so dont feel like it is a permanant thing, your body set out what it was made for, why you get in the mood, to concieve.. and now that you have your body doesnt need to focus on producing hormones that are created during ovulation, its building a baby inside you from the blue prints you and yours gave your body to use best of wishes.

Old 10-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
Inactive

JessieD HB User
I am glad to have found this thread. My fiance and I met in March and got very close very quickly. We got to the point of getting engaged and decided to start TTC. So it worked on the first try, which really threw us for a loop. We were excited until the symptoms started. Our relationship is still young (I just moved into his house a couple of months ago) and I am concerned that my sudden total lack of a sex drive is going to hinder further development of the relationship, at least for now. I have read here and elsewhere that anything that happens to pregnant women is "normal." I wish I had the super-sex-drive that some women get. I was normal before becoming pregnant. Geez.

Old 10-03-2003, 03:25 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

AmandaB HB User
Who would want sex???? LOL!!!!!!!!!! I am quite happy to go to bed and sleep, sleep sleep http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/tired.gif

My hubby is getting so fed up. He says he is desperate. I guess some men don't understand.

The only pregnancy of mine that we had sex during was my little girl who ended up being born premature. She died at 8 days old. Although the two are probably just coincidences I still am too scared to risk it. Hubby thinks I am being silly.

I think both parties must want it ~ and if they don't then it is no sex for 9 months. So take that hubby!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif

(edited because I put hubbys as in plural. I didn't want people to think I had a whole bunch of them. One is enough....LOL!!!!!)

------------------
Hugs
Amanda
Mummy to 2 precious Angels

[This message has been edited by AmandaB (edited 10-03-2003).]

Old 10-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #11
Veteran

lilmom HB User
My poor DH couldn't keep up with me with the first pregnancy, but this one he hasn't been here at all to enjoy that Super sex drive. I feel bad because when we are finally going to be together it will be at the end of this preg, and we can't DO anything, I'm too high risk. Hormones are going crazy from lack of sex if nothing else! ha,ha,ha.

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 11 months
#2 It's a BOY!!
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 10-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
I am about 21 weeks and have no sex drive at all. My husband always wants to and I get very annoyed and tell him to stop it. Sometimes i give in but usually I end up snapping at him and tell him to get off me. I think he is really frustrated and having a problem with this because he never stops talking about it. He says sex is the foundation of a good marriage and the second reason for divorce is sexual problems. I got very angry when he said that. He acts like I am trying to punish him or something... I just really don't feel like it at all its almost like a chore to me. I didn't use to be like this. Anyone have any thoughts?

Old 10-04-2003, 12:09 AM   #13

warrsav2savage HB User
I feel so weird! I WANT SEX ALL THE TIME!!!! I feel like a horny teenage boy! Its strange because during my first trimester I didnt want ANY at all, mostly because it hurt.

But now, when I want it so despirately, my DH is totally turned off by the whole pregnancy!!! WHAT CAN I DO! Honestly, cold showers are NO fun. . . does anyone have any advise on how to be sexy for DH even with the tummy, and how to eliviate his fears of the baby? I had him speak to the doctor already and read all kinds of "becoming a father" books. I'm OUT OF IDEAS!

Old 10-04-2003, 09:06 AM   #14
Veteran

lilmom HB User
warrsav2savage, Is he turned off by your body or is he afraid of hurting the baby? Can't say that I've expeirienced either of these, my husband loves my body weither I'm pregnant or not. And like you I want it all of the time, and you are right cold showers are NO fun
Besafe20, have you guys tried getting into the mood by a nice shower together or lighting candles and dancing, or something romantic might help you, just a thought.

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 11 months
#2 It's a BOY!!

Old 10-04-2003, 09:10 AM   #15
Veteran

lilmom HB User
warrsav2savage, Is he turned off by your body or is he afraid of hurting the baby? Can't say that I've expeirienced either of these, my husband loves my body weither I'm pregnant or not. And like you I want it all of the time, and you are right cold showers are NO fun
Besafe20, have you guys tried getting into the mood by a nice shower together or lighting candles and dancing, or something romantic might help you, just a thought.

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 11 months
#2 It's a BOY!!

Closed Thread