It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User
Red face left side goes numb while sleeping or sitting

has anyone had a problem with parts of their body going numb while sleeping or sitting down?

no matter what side i sleep on, when i wake up my whole left side is numb. my arm, my side, my hip, and my leg. and when i am sitting in a chair or driving my car, my left side gets a cold numbing feeling. i called my doctor this morning and i now have an appointment tomorrow but i was curious if anyone else has had this problem and what you or the doctor did to correct it.

i am a little concerned because my doctor said it could either be a blood clot or a pinched nerve.

i know what to do for a pinched nerve, but what will happen if it is a blood clot? and is there any chance it is something else?

any response will help

thanks
EDD 3-23-04
baby #3
baby brother to Vanessa & Tyler

Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I believe if it was a blood clot you would need to go on blood thinners. Not 100% sure though. I know if I lay on one side too long it gets sore and when I try to roll over it's kind of numb. Think it's just from all the pressure on the nerves. Am thinking about you though and hoping everything goes well!!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 11:44 AM   #3
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User
thank you babygrant

thats exactly how it is. i'm sore and numb and i have to slowly roll over. maybe the outcome wont be so bad.

i hate the wait, even though i am going to the doctor tomorrow.

OH GIRL YOUR DAY IS COMING SOON http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Best Wishes
EDD 3-23-04
baby #3

Old 09-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User
i am bumping this up because i am curious if anyone else is having the same symptoms as me and what are they doing for it.

thanks
EDD 3-23-04
baby #3

Old 10-08-2003, 03:50 PM   #5

Peaches3333 HB User
HI, I am having the same problem too. I havent been to the doctor about it, because it happened with my last pregnancy as well. Once, I woke up, and couldnt move my legs at all, I freaked out, thought I was paralyzed!!!!! lol..It hasnt been that bad this time, but after about 5 minutes, whatever limb or body part I am lying on gets numb, even my butt cheeks. I think it is because your circulation slows down during pregnancy, but I dont know really. Let me know what your doc says.

Old 10-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
(female)

LiLSqrt75 HB User
my dr. sent me to a neurologist and he didnt do much of anything. he was confused about how my symptoms are acting. he did a pinched nerve test and i found out i have carpal tunnel syndrome and now have to where a brace on my wrist. i also found out i have a pinched nerve in my neck. i am waiting for all my medical records from different doctors and then i have to go back to the neurologist. basically no one seems to worried about my numbness. it is more than likely the way the baby is positioned.

i have gotten used to being numb in the morning, but i am not getting used to these headaches i am getting every night.

------------------
LOVE FOR ALL
EDD 3-23-04
baby #3

Old 10-09-2003, 08:52 AM   #7
(female)

curriermom HB User
LilSqrt75~
I have been having some very very similar problems. I can't sleep on my left side b/c it goes numb, sometimes for no reason at all my left upper thigh will tingle and go numb. I go to see my doc on 10/21 and will talk about it then. I honestly think that it's the way the baby and/or my uterus is sitting on my nerves!
Good luck to you and let me know if you find out anything and vice versa!!!

------------------
EDD 4/9/04
Juliana or Cole
DS Ben 8yo

Closed Thread