It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #1

chloebug HB User
Question May Mommas

Hi mommas
I was just wondering is anyone starting to show a little? I have found myself having to unbutton and unzip some of my clothing. I love it!
jen

Old 09-15-2003, 01:52 PM   #2

angel0317 HB User
Oh yes! I couldn't stand anything on my stomach that was tight before without it making me feel sick to my stomach. Now it is just maginified about 100 times. I actually went out & bought some jeans that have the elastic in the front so they don't button. I don't like elastic either, but these are loose enough now they are very comfortable. I don't think I will be able to wear them as long as most people would. Anyway it is so neat, but it is just hard finding things in between. I am not big enough for maternity. I just refuse to buy clothes right now knowing they won't fit very long. I can't wait to feel the baby inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 02:44 PM   #3

Traweaver HB User
Hey!

When in May are you due? I haven't even been to my first appt. yet? I think it will be around the 20th. I can't wait to wear maternity clothes!!
Tracey
Hemilectomy-Discectomy on 3/19~ Awoke Pain Free!!

Old 09-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #4

Jordansmom HB User
Hi all, I am not due to the mid of May. I can not wait until I get big........so exciting. Just thought I would say a hello to all you women and our little peanuts

Old 09-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hopefortoday HB User
Traweaver . . . we have the same due date (May 20)!! This will be my third. I have a six year old son and a five year old daugther. I'm feeling really yucky and tired . . . and YES my abdomen and waistline are already expanding!!

Old 09-16-2003, 02:40 AM   #6

Traweaver HB User
Good Morning Hope~ (Short for Hopefortoday!)

And to everyone else too!

I have noticed there are a few May mommas post out there. I say we keep to just one so we don't have to hunt all over to find our how everyone is doing. All in favor?? hehe

Hope, I teach first grade. Your six year old must be there this year. How is she liking it??

I recently bought a pregnancy journal that tells what is happening each day. Over the next ten days the baby's heart, central nervouse system and spinal column are beginning to be formed! WOW~~ If there is anytime to eat right and get enough rest....NOW is it!

Talk to you all later!

Tracey

Old 09-16-2003, 06:01 AM   #7

jimjend HB User
Hi everyone! I just have to tell you that I was away for the weekend for my sil's baby shower, and stayed at my little brothers and was surrounded by babies -they have 4, the youngest is 6 mos, I wanted to take him home with me!!! Anyway, my jeans are getting uncomfortable to wear and I stepped on the scale this am and gained 5 lbs since last Thursday!!! Whoa, I am guessing it is the cheeseburgers, pizza, bagels, etc. and I'll get back to eating healthier now that I'm home. I don't know, isn't it too early to show? I just can't imagine that I could gain 5 lbs in 4 days - I need to slow down, or I'll be a hippo! I guess I'll be living in sweats for a while. My fist dr's appt is this afternoon and I'm so excited. But I've heard that at the 1st appt they just take blood and ask & answer questions? I only found out I was pregnant like 2 1/2 weeks ago and it already feels like I've been waiting 2 months! Anyone else feel like this?

Old 09-16-2003, 06:05 AM   #8

jimjend HB User
Sorry!!!

[This message has been edited by jimjend (edited 09-16-2003).]

Old 09-16-2003, 08:23 AM   #9

TLReed HB User
Hi everyone,

I am due around May 9th or 10th...my first dr. appt is on the 25th of September and I have noticed also that my clothes are getting tighter. This will be my third pregnancy. We have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and we had a miscarriage in Feb. of this year at 10 weeks. Our daughter keeps telling us this is a boy! Who knows!?!

Old 09-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #10

chloebug HB User
CONGRADULATIONS
MY FIRST APPOINTMENT IS ALSO ON THE 25TH MY DUE DATE IS MAY THE 4TH. I HAVE BEEN FEELING GREAT UNTILL TODAY I WOKE UP SICK TO MY STOMACH THE GOOD THING IS THERE IS STILL SOME FOODS THAT SOUND GREAT TO ME WHERE OTHERS MAKE WE WANT TO PUKE. I HOPE THIS IS NOT AN ON GOING THING,BUT IF ITS THE WORST I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH I DON'T MIND.
JEN

Old 09-16-2003, 01:53 PM   #11

Traweaver HB User
Hi ALL!

JimJend... How was the 1st appt?? Do tell everything!! I have to wait until next Monday!! UHG!

Jen - I read your other post too and you are too funny! I don't think we should be gaining weight yet!! LOL The book I have says the amniotic sac is about the size of a grape!! I do feel bloated and my clothes aren't as comfortable. I'm with you....sweats would be nice!!

As for name picking.... my DH and I like Max for a boy and Casey for a girl. We also like Jess for either. How about you? What are your ideas for a nursery? My hubby is a pilot so planes for a boy. I teach first grade, so ABC & 123 for a girl!!

I am so excited about being pregnant!! It is all I think about!!

Talk to you all soon!
Tracey

Old 09-21-2003, 09:21 PM   #12

xoxogizel HB User
Talking

Hi! I am new to this and am really glad to see all the positive comments that I am reading. Other boards only talk about the negative aspects and negative things which could happen. My husband and I have decided that we won't read anymore negative things, as it affects me deeply.

We are expecting our first baby May 1st and already had our first doctor's visit. I am scheduled for an ultrasound this Thursday. I have some spotting so they scheduled it earlier than usual.

I hope everyone is doing well and am really glad to be a part of this board.

Old 09-22-2003, 02:25 AM   #13

Traweaver HB User
Welcome XOXO!!

You will find positive thoughts here!
I go for my first appt. today and get to tell my inlaws when they get here tongiht!
I will post later to tell how things went!
Tracey

Old 09-23-2003, 03:37 AM   #14

jja HB User
Talking

Hello everyone....I thought I will reintroduce myself, now that I have finished my appointment with my GP. My name is Jel(jja).My EDD is on 23 May. Im presently into 6 weeks. My first appointment with the OB is around 8 weeks later. Im so excited!!!but also little scared. DH has come around his state of shock and is thrilled!!

do keep us updated about your first appointments!!!

Old 09-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #15

chloebug HB User
Hi everyone
I thought I would bring us back to the top.
You know if you think about it we are very lucky to have winter pregnancies!
I know making dinner will be easy we will be having alot of crockpot meals. Nice and easy will be my whole way of thinking.
We will all not be huge trying to make our way through the mall at Christmas time. I feel for those poor souls. We must keep up the good work.
We should have some first appts coming up keep us informed.
Jen

Closed Thread