It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #16

aev31 HB User
Ally- No I am still here!! We went shopping today for a while to try and stir something up but still nothing. All my friends and family think tomorrow is the day. I hope they are right!
Hang in there girl! We are both so close! Oh and you are doing housework. Are you cleaning everything in sight?? They say nesting is a sure sign you are close to labor!

Angel
Gavin Michael was due 10/10 but being a bit stubborn!

[This message has been edited by aev31 (edited 10-11-2003).]

Old 10-11-2003, 06:18 PM   #17
(female)

UserName HB User
Hello everyone!
Glad everyone and the babies are generally good.
Havent been around much lately.
Seeing that so many october people have had their babies makes me nervous lol cause i know its right around the corner.
Only two weeks til due date for me..
havent dilated or anything so dont think baby's gonna come early.. i thought my intuition was telling me that he would.. but i made it this far and he's not here so guess i was wrong.

well god bless you all and your babies
hope to be online more in the next couple weeks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #18

Ally2001 HB User
AEV, Maybe you will get lucky and your family and friends be right about your baby coming today. I have been doing some pretty intense cleaning. That would be nice if I am close to labor. So far still nothing. I just can't get this baby to want to come out!

Username, Good to hear from you again. When are you due again? if I remember right your due close to when I am.

How is everyone else doing?

------------------
Ally
EDD: 10-21-03
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 10-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #19
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hi all,

I have a quick second so I wanted to check in with everyone and see how the little ones are doing. I have decided to give up on breast feeding. It just wasn't working for us, and I was getting to the point where I dreaded feeding her. She was nursing every hour for 35-45 minutes (both breasts), and then would STILL be hungry. So I would follow with a bottle and she would be fine. I just don't think I was producing enough milk to fill her up. At first I beat myself up for giving up, but I realize that breast feeding isn't for everyone and I gave it my best shot. I think the most important thing is ENJOYING feeding time with your baby - whether it be breast or bottle. And I was to the point where I wasn't enjoying it - and I think she could sense that and I felt HORRIBLE about it. So I threw in the towel two days ago and she is strictly on formula. My boobs are SOOOO sore right now. Everyone said the drying up process would be painful - what an understatement!!! This is almost as bad as labor! They are so sore and engorged that I spent most of yesterday in tears. DH wrapped me in an ace bandage and that helped a little but they are still killing me. So today I tried cabbage leaves and that has made a world of difference. I'm feeling better tonight so I'm hoping I'm over the worst part. NOT FUN.

AEV - Are you still out there? If you are - Good luck on Tuesday and please post us your birth story as soon as you are feeling up to it!

Ally - Hang in there! Not much longer to go!

Sweetmelf - Great to hear from you! Welcome to the world Alyssa! What do your daughter think of their new sister?

Karcia and KMC - Glad to hear you are both doing well!! Are your little ones getting on a schedule or are you feeling like walking zombies? Somedays I feel great - other days I'm so tired that I can't even think straight! The joys of motherhood, right?!

Well, just thought I'd check in with you all and to wish AEV good luck on Tuesday! I'll check back again soon!

Keep in touch!

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 10-12-2003, 08:48 PM   #20

DjLittleMizz HB User
Hello.. I'm was Due today Sunday, Oct. 12 but no baby!
I'm getting anxious but worried casue I have had no contractions. Well that I know of maybe I just don't feel them? Well I was 1cm dialated last Tuesday and I got to the doctor again this Tuesday and I find out how I'm doing. I'm certain I won't be having this baby tommorow considering I havent had any pains. I thought all the waiting would be over with by now. but it's not.. I wish something will happen soon. Well bye for now.. I'll be checking back to see how everyone is doing and good luck to everyone too. *smiles*

[This message has been edited by DjLittleMizz (edited 10-12-2003).]

Old 10-13-2003, 12:31 PM   #21

aev31 HB User
Hi everyone! I am still here! I lost my mucous plug yesterday evening around 5pm and then had contractions from 1am until 4am or so-about 10 minutes apart and some closer together than that. I really thought that was it and then they STOPPED!! Today I am having contractions but nothing like last night. I am still hoping for labor to come on it's own before tomorrow morning. My dh brought me home a spicy chicken burrito from taco bell for lunch. Of course all that did was give me a bad case of indigestion.
Heaven- Thanks for wishing me luck tomorrow. I am really nervous but so ready to meet Gavin!!
Ally-Are you still hanging in there???
Thanks to you all for being so supportive and for just being here! I could have never made it this far without you all.
I will post my birth story as soon as I get home from the hospital!
Take care everyone and have a great day!

Angel
Gavin Michael WAS due 10/10 but is being a bit stubborn!!

Old 10-13-2003, 06:13 PM   #22

Ally2001 HB User
Hi Everyone!

Heaven, Sorry to hear breastfeeding didn't go as planned for you. At least you gave it a try so you have to give yourself credit for that.

AEV, I'm still hanging in there. No baby here yet!! Maybe you will get lucky and labor will start back up and you not have to be induced. Either way tomorrow you will get to meet little Gavin! I wish you luck and can't wait to hear your birth story.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 10-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #23
(female)

UserName HB User
Ally I am due on the 27th

Old 10-14-2003, 01:38 PM   #24

Karcia HB User
Hi everyone:

wow, finding time to hop on the computer is a luxury now. Heaven, I am right with you on the breastfeeding. Alexis got a good 4 weeks out of you, and that is huge. I was exactly like you. I wasn't enjoying Xander at all, I was just praying he wouldn't wake up, and now that I am using formula, I just love being a mom. I am still pumping some, but he is only getting about 100ml per day out of me. I have to take spasm pills just so I can survive, and that does not harm the baby, but it does decrease my milk supply. So, now I am on pills to increase my milk supply. Pumping sure is a pain in the you-know-what! It takes so much time, and Xander has to be sleeping, because I cannot just stop in the middle of it. And, I am lucky enough to have a really good electric pump. I may give up entirely, I am not sure yet. Do you have a pump? If you do, you could pump just a bit each day and taper it off. I really found that by doing that I was a lot less sore. I hope you are feeling better today. I know that is a horrible pain. But, you should take a picture of your chest like that, you'll never look that good again!! My DH wishes we could keep them like that.

Ally & Aev: I am so excited for you guys. This will be the best experience of your lives. Keep sleeping! We are all envious!

Username: Glad to hear from you again. Good luck with everything. That is a long 2 weeks, isn't it? But all of a sudden you'll think, oh my goodness, it is hear already!!

Kmc: How is the breastfeeding going? I am glad to hear the Lansolin is helping.

Sweetmelf: Glad to hear you are doing so well breastfeeding. I am so jealous! I guess there is just a point when I just had to accept that it would not work for us. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving was yesterday, here in Canada. We had a great time, and ate far too much, as per usual. I should have worn my old maternity pants!

How is everyone doing weight-wise? I gained 28 pounds, and have now lost 22. Easier than I thought. Just 6 pounds to go. There is a big 70's party we are going to Nov 1, so my goal is to lose it by then. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Karcia.

Old 10-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #25

DjLittleMizz HB User
I went to the doctor today and still only 1 cm dialated. I'm 40 wks and 2 days today. I will be induced on monday of next week if I don't go by then. She told me when your induced your more apt to have a c-section. now I'm scared to death. I really hope that I have Tyler before monday. I've been walking alot more and I'm going for another walk here in a few minutes. I really wish something will happen soon. My fingers are crossed. *smiles*

Old 10-15-2003, 06:55 AM   #26

Ally2001 HB User
Hello!

Thought I would check in and let you all know I'm still hanging in there. I was having some contractions last night for a couple hours. But then all the sudden they just stopped. It won't be long now. I am so close!

AEV, By now you should have little Gavin in your arms. I can't wait to hear your birth story when you get a chance.

Username, Your due not much longer after I am. You never know, your baby could be here before mine is.

Karcia, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I can't wait till next month for our's. All that good food!

DjLittleMizz, Hopefully your baby will still come on its own. If not then I wish you luck for Monday.

Have a great day everyone!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 10-15-2003, 08:10 AM   #27
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Hey girls!

Karcia - I know what you mean about hoping she won't wake up! I would see her start stiring in her bassinet and I would just pray she would fall back asleep. I hated feeling like that. Bottle feeding is going much better for us both - I'm happier, she's happier, and DH's happier because he can now help with the feedings. How is Xander doing with the bottle? She is not very good with it yet. I think she is used to my milk coming out slowly, but it comes out a lot faster with the bottle and it usually runs out her mouth (because she doesn't swallow after every suck). I did not have an electric pump. I bought an Avent manual pump which wasn't too bad, but it was still a pain in the butt to use. Sometime I would pump for 30 mintues and get 4 oz, and sometimes I would only get a 1/2 and oz. I was so frustrated!

AEV - Please post when you can!

Ally - You still hanging in there?

KMC - Haven't heard from you lately...Jordan must be keeping you pretty busy! How's the breast feeding going?

Sweetmelf - Hope all is well with you. Please give us an update when you can.

Username - Good to hear from you. Good luck on your upcoming delivery!

Have a great day Momma's and Mommas-2-be!

------------------
Mommy to Alexis
9/15/03

Old 10-15-2003, 12:31 PM   #28
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi!

Oh man, it's hard to find time for the boards lately. I know you new moms can relate and the rest of you will be right here with us very, very soon.

I'm doing well. I've lost 26lbs in two weeks and haven't even been watching my weight. I have 8lbs to go and I'll be right where I started. I can't wait to start exercising again and doing abs. I'm going tostart training for a marathon as soon as I get the go-ahead. I went for my two-week checkup Monday and the midwife said my uterus is shrinking really fast (it's about the size of a 3-month pregnancy). I'm still bleeding a lot, which is really annoying. But I should be back to my old self in a month. How are the rest of you doing with recovery?

I also still have the big brown line on my stomach! I really hope this goes away. My bellybutton looks so gross!

I'm still breastfeeding and it's getting better, but my nipples are still sore. The blistering is gone and I'm using purelan so they don't dry out and crack. You would think that nature would make it a little bit easier, wouldn't you? I honestly think that breastfeeding is more challenging that having the baby without drugs. Simply because it's such a long, drawn out learning process for both me and the baby and it can be so frustrating. At least the labor and delivery only lasted 12 hours! I'm really determined to keep doing it, but I can totally relate to you guys that have stopped. I never thought it would be so hard and frustrating. I'll let you know how things are going in the coming weeks.

Aev, can't wait to hear your birth story.

Ally and Username, sounds like you're both getting really close.

Welcome to the October Mama's group DjLittleMizz! Chances are that your baby will come before they induce you. You still have five days to go! Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Take care everyone!

~~~

Jordan was born September 30th
8lbs 8oz
21.5 inches

Old 10-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #29

DjLittleMizz HB User
Another day and still no baby.. I keep telling him to come out but he don't want to listen.. *smiles*
I still have no pain anywhere yet. I hear that everyone else has false alarms and all that but why not me? This is the fist time I'm actually looking forward to pain. haha

I'm planning on breastfeeding my baby too.. I hope it works out.

Ally- Thanks for wishing me luck, I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

Kmc235~ Thanks for the warm welcome. Everyone seemed very nice in this thread so I decided to start posting.
I hope your right about going early. It is possible.
*fingers still crossed*

Old 10-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #30

Ally2001 HB User
Hey!

Heaven, I am still hanging in there. Looks like I will be going to my doctor's appointment tomorrow after all. I really didn't think I would make it this long. Hopefully I will be dialated more and not still at 2.5 cm.

KMC, Glad to hear you are doing well! Your lucky to have lost all that weight already. I have gained a lot of weight (not sure how much, I would have to sit down and figure it out) but its all belly.

DjLittleMizz, Sorry to hear you still haven't had your baby yet either. I know how it feels. I am so ready to have this baby. Good luck with the breastfeeding. I hope it goes well. I am also planning to give it a try.

Take care everyone & check in when you can.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Closed Thread