It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2003, 03:03 PM   #1

jojojen HB User
Post I think I've had a miscarriage

I'm at home and afraid to go to the doctor. This afternoon I had to leave work in a hurry because I started bleeding really heavy. Just mild cramps though. The last few days I've been spotting brown blood but today pink/red and very thin. I've also been getting dizzy spells and have nearly thrown up twice. I tested positive on HPT on the weekend.

Did I miscarry or is this implantation bleeding? I have a DR appt. tomorrow morning but I can't stop worrying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran

angelsen HB User
Well sweetie,

It's hard to really tell which it is because our bodies our soooo weird for different reasons when pregnant.

The best advice I can give you right now is to put your feet up and take it as easy as possible until your doc appt. I will be praying for you!! Please let us know what the doc says tomorrow! We all will be praying that all is well and that you can have peace through this confusing time!!

((((((hugs))))))) http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------
God Bless!!!!
It's a girl!!!!
Noelle Marie due 8/1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

UserName HB User
It is of course impossible for me to say whether you've miscarried or not. I can hopefully offer you some consolation though.
I went through something similar at 6 wks.
Was bleeding pretty heavily.. but not in that much pain, just feeling ill.
I went to the hospital and they told me it was a subchorionic hemorrhage or a placental tear. But my baby was fine. Did an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat and everything looked normal. It took a few weeks but the bleeding eventually went to pink then brown and light and then disappeared when it healed up. I'm 14 wks now and everything is fine. Not saying this is what you have but it could be. And if it is then chances are pretty good you and baby are fine.
Like i said its impossible for me to judge your symptoms, but just so you know you may not have necessarily miscarried. Best wishes.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:17 PM   #4

Trac y HB User
I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:19 PM   #5

sarah_december HB User
jojojen-- i have been having brown spotting as well. My dr. said not to call unless I was soaking a pad an hour. It is really terrible not to know what's going on. Please let us know what your dr. says tommorrow.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:42 AM   #6

jojojen HB User
Thanks for everyone's kind comments, thoughts and prayers!

I just got back from the Doctors. He did an u/s and told me I was 5 weeks pregnant (how I am 5 weeks I don't know, I thought I was only 3!). He said that he couldn't tell if I was miscarrying or not. He said he could see some blood up there and said that if I continue to bleed then it will probably be a miscarriage. He took some blood and told me to come back in on Monday to check my HCG levels. Basically, I am none the wiser. Today I am just spotting brown blood.

I am sooooo confused!

Old 04-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #7
Veteran

JsBaby HB User
Hi Jo jo - when they tell you you are 5 weeks pg, they count from the 1st day of your last period. So, although you conceived 3 weeks ago they say you are 5 weeks pg.

Hang in there, you won't know anything until your second blood test to see if your HcG levels are climbing as they should be. I had the same issue and asked to be tested the second time only 24 hours later. They were not looking to see a doubling in my numbers (that takes 2-3 days) but just to see if the number was rising. Maybe you can call and tell them you want a second test sooner?

Good luck and let us know!

****sticky baby dust wishes****

Old 04-30-2003, 10:54 AM   #8

sarah_december HB User
don't you just wish they could tell you more than just "wait and see" It's so frustrating, i know
Sending positive thoughts your way

Old 10-23-2003, 03:49 AM   #9
(male)

jd1970 HB User
i was wondering what you found out at the doctor, my girlfriend has had the same symptoms you have, she passed a what we hope is just a blood clot, but not for sure yet, she is only 6 weeks pregnant, hope all is well with you, thanks. jimmie

------------------

Closed Thread