It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

litlmama167 HB User
Smile Question about Stripping Membranes.

Hi all! I am new to this site. I'm just going to dive right in! I am currently 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I had my weekly appointment on 7/8/11 and I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Yesterday my doctor did a a sweep/strip of the membranes. That was at 11:30ish. I left my appointment and went to get some groceries all while experiencing quite painful contractions. When I got home, I used the restroom and discovered that I had lost my plug. First time I wiped it was red. A couple hours later it was pink tinged, and then a few hours later it was a brownish color. I am assuming that I had lost all my plug. My question is when other women such as myself had theirs stripped how long after they lost their plugs did they actually go into labor. I've continued to have the cramping and contractions on and off all day yesterday, throughout the night and more this morning. Please help! Also, what can I do to try and help this go a little faster, I've done walking, and heard that sex works well with the stripping, is this true too? Thank you soooooo much!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

litlmama167 HB User
Smile Question about Stripping Membranes.

Hi I am new to this so I think I will just dive right in. I am 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I had my weekly check up on 7/8/11 and she told me that I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. She also stipped my membranes. This was about 11:30am. I went to the store for groceries and experience quite painful contractions, came home about 12:30 used the restroom and when I wiped it was streaked with blood, a couple hours later it was just pink, then a few more hours later, it was brown. I figured I had lost all of my plug. I continued throughout the day and night and again this morning to experience the crampiness and the contractions, but nothing that is timeable. My question for you ladies are if you had this procedure done and it sounds like my story, how long after you lost your plug did you go into full blown labor with contractions that were regular and strong.

This is also my 3rd child and I didn't have this procedure done with the first 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
(female)

litlmama167 HB User
Re: Question about Stripping Membranes.

Also, what can I do to help this process along, I've been walking, doing stairs, and I've heard that sex can work really well with the stripping. How long after you've had the stripping should you try sex?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
Re: Question about Stripping Membranes.

How are you doing now?

I've had my membranes stripped when I was overdue and when I was in labor but never that early. For me, it just produced the mucus/spotting and heavy cramping but didn't start labor or speed it up .

The general "rule" is that if labor is going to start it will begin within 72hrs of the membranes being stripped and within 24-48hrs of losing your mucus plug.

I lost my mucus plug (and continued to lose bloody mucus until my water broke 16 days before my due date) at 35wks . Every woman and every pg is different.

Praying baby comes soon (if s/he hasn't already!!)...I know those last couple of weeks can be looooong !! It sounds like you're doing everything you can do so just keep it up but make sure you're getting plenty of rest and staying hydrated .

(((HUG))) Take Care!

Closed Thread