It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

Heavenly84 HB User
Question Newly Pregnant after 8 years!!

Hi! I recently went into the ER for lower abdominal cramping, to find out to my surprise that I am pregnant! I was completely shocked, along with my boyfriend! I have one son, and he is almost 8 years old. It has been a long time since I have been pregnant and do not really remember a lot of these feelings. I'm not sure how far along I am yet, and won't find out until the 28th. I have been feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis and some mild cramping off and on. Is this normal for a second pregnancy? I am not bleeding or spotting either. Just would like to get some feedback, and see if anyone else has had this experience. Thank you for your time

Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

plang HB User
Re: Newly Pregnant after 8 years!!

Firstly...Congratulations!

Secondly, cramping and pressure is completely normal! It's likely just stretching of the round ligaments as your uterus grows. You'll most likely feel this throughout your pregnancy. Of course, consult your DR to be sure, but I'm 99% sure that's what it is. If ever you have any kind of bleeding or the cramping gets worse, call your DR right away!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

Heavenly84 HB User

Thank you for your reply! The cramping has pretty much gone away, and I found out on the 28th that I am 8 weeks and 4 days along. We got to see and hear the little heart beat! It is so amazing!! I am hoping everything will go smoothly with this pregnancy, because it is just a pure miracle to me. Thanks again

Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly84 View Post
Hi! I recently went into the ER for lower abdominal cramping, to find out to my surprise that I am pregnant! I was completely shocked, along with my boyfriend! I have one son, and he is almost 8 years old. It has been a long time since I have been pregnant and do not really remember a lot of these feelings. I'm not sure how far along I am yet, and won't find out until the 28th. I have been feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis and some mild cramping off and on. Is this normal for a second pregnancy? I am not bleeding or spotting either. Just would like to get some feedback, and see if anyone else has had this experience. Thank you for your time

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I hurt in the pelvic/had back pain/ until she was born. I also bleed and passed gross stuff................I don't know if anyone else has ever done this, but I was fine. She was an easy birth (she was my second child). My first child was 6 years old when I had her. I was scared to death the whole time I carried her because of the bleeding I thought something was wrong, but I guess a woman can bleed, have cramps, and pain and still deliver a normal baby. My "baby" is 37 now with 4 children of her own. I was 27 when I had my daughter.

Hopefully you will be ok.

I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugs to you!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly84 View Post
Thank you for your reply! The cramping has pretty much gone away, and I found out on the 28th that I am 8 weeks and 4 days along. We got to see and hear the little heart beat! It is so amazing!! I am hoping everything will go smoothly with this pregnancy, because it is just a pure miracle to me. Thanks again
Congratulations! I am so happy for your. I was happy when our "surprise" was born, she was our miracle baby!

I am glad your feeling better and got to hear the heart beat!

hugs to you!

Closed Thread