It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

sackingsgirl06 HB User
38 years old and pregnant

Hi everyone. I just found out at the end of last month that I am pregnant for the first time at the ripe age of 38. I am concerned with the increased risk in having a miscarriage and the possibility of birth defects. This pregnancy was not planned and I am very nervous about the road ahead. Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

lovely864 HB User
Smile Re: 38 years old and pregnant

Hello 38 & pregnant...I got pregnant for the first time with my 1st child at 38 as well...He is now 5 yrs old. I had a bit of complications, only due to my weight...I had gestational diabetes, & HBP...I had to see my OB every week, It was a big problem, I guess because my body was not use to the dramatic change. But I made it through, and you will as well...Try to remain stress free, make sure to get enough rest and try to not let your craving over take you...like i did...Take all necessary vitamins and i'm sure you and your baby will be just fine...

I am 43 yo now, and I posted a question today, because I think I maybe pregnant. Me and my fiancee (well He) really wants us to have a baby together. I haven't got any responses for my question yet, so I guess I will wait til next month and take a Pg test...I wish you well with your process and remember to stay calm...

Last edited by lovely864; 03-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
(female)

sackingsgirl06 HB User
Re: 38 years old and pregnant

Thank you for your response. I also might be a risk of developing gestational diabetes so I appreciate hearing from someone else that has already gone through this and ended out ok. I hope that you are pregnant if that is what you want with your fiance. Life sure is full of blessings when we least expect them. I know that I used a First Response Pregnancy Test and it worked 6 days before my missed period so I knew quite early. I would highly recommend you taking one of these tests. Have you missed your period? How late are you if so? I don't know where you posted so I can't give you any insight as to how you are doing. I have been doing a ton of research about being pregnant this late in life and I am trying not to stress over it. I had a scare with a possible ectopic pregnancy that turned out to only be a corpus leutum cyst. I was very thankful that the ER was able to show a tiny speck that had a heartbeat at 6 weeks. I am now 6 weeks and 6 days. Please keep me posted on how you are doing and I will definitely support you. Good luck!

Closed Thread