It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

Snoogly HB User
Positive pregnancy tests, missed period, EMPTY uterus?

Hi all. I'm very worried and confused and I hoped by posting here I could get some type of answer because it's all I can think about.

My last period started on Feb 11th. My cycles are typically 29 days and I've NEVER been irregular (the latest I've ever been was like 3 days late) so when my period in March was late, I bought 2 pregnancy tests 5 days after I was supposed to start. I took the first one that evening, and it had an EXTREMELY light 2nd line, so light that I wasn't sure if it was negative or positive, but I read that if you can see any line at all that it's positive. I waited until the next morning to take the 2nd test since the first morning urine is the most concentrated and the 2nd line was still faint but enough to convince me I was pregnant.
I was also experiencing light cramping at this time... This was completely unplanned and honestly, I didn't want the child, but what was I to do? I waited a bit and then went to Planned Parenthood for a sonogram today. I should be a little over 6 weeks pregnant at this point and I've now missed the beginning of my 2nd period which is unheard of for me, again I've never even missed one. Well, a vaginal ultrasound was done and they told me my uterus was completely empty, much to my shock. They asked me if I was sure I was pregnant and I told them what I have you about my extremely regular periods and two at home positive tests, and they insisted on a blood pregnancy test, which of course I was fine with. However the place is closed tomorrow and over the weekend so I can't have it done until Monday and won't get the results until Wednesday. I'm scared, confused, and so worried. I have told no one else about this except for my boyfriend. I understand none of you can give me a straight answer but I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or what anyone thinks. I asked if it could be an ectopic pregnancy but the nurses didn't seem too concerned (but told me if I had one I'd have to go to the emergency room).

I just bought another test and the positive mark came up immediately. I know the blood test will come back positive, but what am I supposed to do from there? This is crazy but I had an 11 pound ovarian cyst removed last November (and I'm petite!) and I was told I had small ones on my other ovary but that it was normal for that to happen, and remembering this I asked the nurse if an ovarian cyst could cause a false positive pregnancy test and she answered no with confidence. I got to doing research later and I read that an ectopic pregnancy can be caused by scarring in the tubes... I had my surgery and they scraped the cyst off, so I don't think the tubes would have had any trauma but I guess anything is a possibility? Could this be a false pregnancy, chemical pregnancy, or even a blighted ovum (wouldn't they have seen this in the sonogram, my uterus was COMPLETELY clean)? How long can an ectopic pregnancy develop before it ruptures? The nurses told me my pregnancy tests probably just were bad, but after getting a VERY strong positive 20 minutes ago I don't think that's the case. Also would an ectopic pregnancy be the only type of pregnancy I would have to have surgery for? How much would this cost me without insurance? I just want this entire thing to be over... Thank you for reading this and I appreciate any input you can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: Positive pregnancy tests, missed period, EMPTY uterus?

It is possible you are pregnant and they can't see the yolk in your sac yet. At 5 weeks, I had an ultrasound and they saw two sacs (twins) but only a baby in one of them. At 6 weeks, I had another ultrasound and there was all of the sudden a yolk in the second sac. I am def. pregnant with twins now. It can take time for the baby to form in the sac. This post is a few weeks old, have you gotten more results?

Closed Thread