It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
(female)

carebear31 HB User
Vbac or C section?

I am 4 Months pregnant with my 4th child. My first two children were vaginal births with no real complications. My 3rd child was breech and had to be delivered by c section. I really would like to try and have a Vbac with this pregnancy, but I am afraid of complications such as a ruptured uterus. I really don't want to have a c section because of the long recovery time after surgery. Does anyone have opinions on vbacs or any stories that could help me to decide what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

Clarityc HB User
Re: Vbac or C section?

I know several people who have chosen to go with a vbac which has worked out well. I realize that's not very good evidence, but I think the figures quoted are that the chance of scar rupture/dehiscence are less than 1%, and since you've only had one cs it's probably fine for you to try for a vb. As long as you're in a hospital and there's monitoring on you things should be safe...and if you're really unlucky and have to have a cs well hey, at least you tried.

My personal opinion is to try for a vbac if you want to, you've only had one cs and that was a low cs (i.e. not a 'classical cs' vertical cut)

Hope that helps.

C.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brooke85 HB User

I've never had a VBAC, all three of mine were c-sections. My reason for the first one being because I am apparently too narrow and the Dr. thought there would be complications, so she decided a c-section would be my best option. I thought about doing a VBAC with my 3rd, but got too scared that I would have complications, so I just went ahead and did what I was familiar with and had another c-section. In your situation, you sound like you'd be a good candidate for VBAC given the fact that you delivered your first two that way with (I'm assuming) no problems.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I know this is an older post, but in case you are still interested in some feedback on experiences, just thought I'd share mine. I have had 4 children. My 1st was born via c-section, followed by 3 VBACs!!! The chances of any major complications from having a VBAC are so small. I had no issues with any of mine. I would recommend it to anyone, based on the experiences I have had. Any questions, just ask.
DS - Landon Russell...2/21/09
DD - Avery Marie...10/29/11...adopted by family.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy