It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

Smidgeey HB User
Unhappy Pregnancy making my anxiety so bad! :( help

Hiii all , new to this forum just looking for some support really .. Basically I am nearly 6 weeks pregnant (will be on Tuesday) .. And the anxiety is nearly killing me ! I have been suffering from panic attacks for years I did get better for a little while where I experienced hardly any panic , now my anxiety has hit an all time high I should be happy , excited , glowing but instead I'm riddled with the constant fear and symptoms that anxiety brings :'( is there anything I can do to help myself? I am taking Prozac 40mg have been since before I got pg but they don't work , & my argument with that is why take something potentially harmful to my baby if it doesnt work anyway! Everytime i try speaking to doctors they dont do anything to help , doctors don't seem to view this as anything bad but it is ruining my life and what should be a very happy time in my life , I can't leave my house , I panic at the thought of it , I hate being alone all the time but I can't bring myself to go out & see friends or even have them over for fear of panicking , I don't know how I got over this last time it happened but it's come back 10000000x worse .. I wish I could just be like everyone else and have a joyful happy pregnancy instead of living this hell .. I feel so guilty for not being able to be happy and glowing can anyone help me or has anyone been in a similar situation and got through it? I know the anxiety is probably just heightened at the moment but it was getting bad even before I found out I was pg .. I feel hopeless , I cry all the time (yes I know another hormone symptom) but I really don't thin I would be if it weren't for the constant anxiety .. Just someone please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

spungy HB User
Re: Pregnancy making my anxiety so bad! :( help

Im 6 weeks now too with bad anxiety...how are you doing now?..

Old 11-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Smidgey, Welcome to the healthboards! My sympathies. Just in case there is interest sugar can make anxiety worse. Excess fat also turns into sugar in the body when broken down as I understand. I hope this helps. Have a nice day! Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 11-07-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: addition

Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
(female)

karmax612 HB User

well first off I would stop taking your anti depressants, I heard they are really bad for baby and can mess things up the farther along you go. I'm just like you, I have the WORST anxiety, especially now that I'm 7 months pregnant and know that I can't take anything for it is what sucks the most. They had me on Vistaril until I was 4 months and took me off because farther in you go, the more dangerous it gets. I would talk to them to see if you can be put on anything but for now i'd stop taking prozac. take a nice warm bath with music and candles and shoo out whoever is ******* you off and have a little you time. lay on your back while you can cause girl, when your stressing and you can't be comfortable on top of that its going to be worse. so relax as much as possible. I'm sorry your going through that, its really hard and I've been there. just know its not permanent, my 7 months went by SUPER fast!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
(female)

Cashew8411 HB User

I am so happy I saw this. I am going through the same issues + I am having horrible intrusive thoughts. I am only 4 weeks and am currently taking celexa and feel like it isn't helping much. I want to get off the meds but am terrified I will get worse. I am not happy or excited either and I feel so horrible for feeling that way. I constantly ask myself why can't i be like all the other newly pregnant women? What's wrong with me. I feel like this is going to harm my marriage and sometimes I hope for a miscarriage to save myself and my baby. What are you taking now? How are you now?

Old 01-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

E1979 HB User

Hi ladies. I hope I can be of some help. I have 2 sons at home and am pregnant with my 3rd and last baby. I have suffered from depression and anxiety since I was in grade 11. With my first pregnancy I went off my meds (zoloft) and the adjustment to the 1st trimester hormones was so bad I had to go back on them. Zoloft is the only drug my Dr personally feels comfortable giving her pregnant patients. So with my 2nd pregnancy I was determined to try to go without the meds. The 1st trimester again was so bad. I was so down and not happy and felt panicked all the time. But my Dr told me to just see if I could make it through the first trimester and if after I was out of it I still felt I needed the meds she would give me them. But around week 13 or 14 all of a sudden it lifted. I felt excited and happy and so much more relaxed. My Dr said that around week 12-15 the massive surge of hormones dissapates and also the placenta starts taking over most of the work my body was doing so it really eased up how I was feeling. Also just the physical discomforts ease up once outside the first trimester and for me if I am not feeling well and tired all the time (basically feeling hung over 24/7) it really effects my moods. So all these things going away for me made such a HUGE difference.
So basically I am just putting it out there that maybe you are in the same boat I was and am again and just need to tough out the first trimester, if you can. I am here to tell you that there was a light at the end of my dark tunnel and it came around 14 weeks in.
Best of luck to you and I hope you find relief soon. It is such a sin to feel this way during such a wonderful time in your life. Hang on Hon!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
(female)

Pookiemon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmax612 View Post
well first off I would stop taking your anti depressants, I heard they are really bad for baby and can mess things up the farther along you go.
Uh no, this is bad advice. There is a basic cost/benefit analysis regarding antidepressants during pregnancy, and if the mother needs them she needs them. Based on the information in the first post, this woman needs help.

I've been on antidepressants for my 3 pregnancies. I tried going off them for my first pregnancy then needed to start taking them again, then I didn't look back. I had a lot of anxiety along with depression (still do, but I believe pregnancy makes it all so much worse!). And my 3 children are wonderful.

If you are having depression symptoms during pregnancy, you are more likely to experience postpartum depression (and I know your major issue is anxiety but the two are so often linked, that's why I keep saying depression). So it is better to get that in check as soon as you can!

You need to talk to your doctors in a way to make them understand how bad it is. I get feeling bad that you're taking something and it's not even helping, but if you keep talking to your doctors until someone listens, they will hopefully help you find something that is more effective than what you are taking, either a different drug or just a boost in what you are already taking.

And PLEASE don't beat yourself up because you aren't all joyful. I think it's absolute BS when someone is expected to act a certain way during pregnancy. YOU are the one carrying the baby and it is not always comfortable, and it does bring a lot of anxiety, and there are a lot of hormonal things going on. I hated pregnancy, but I love my babies!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
(female)

Cashew8411 HB User

Smidgeey...how are you?

I am now about 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor decreased my celexa from 40mg to 20 mg and I'm having a little bit of a rough time. I keep telling myself that if I can get through this 1st trimester things will get bette. My anxiety/ocd/itrusive thoughts are just too much sometimes. any advice?

Closed Thread