It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

JustJLinn HB User
Question High HCG level but no baby on Ultrasound!! ????

Hey y'all.
I went to the doctor on Friday (6-1-12) and there was no baby on the ultra sound, I was giving a regular one and a vaginal one. Still nothing. My doctor said I will probably miscarry but the weird thing is, my blood work came back perfect and my HCG levels were at 54,000!! I am really scared and nervous because if I miscarry, this will be my SECOND in less than FIVE months I have add very little bleeding once for less than 24 hours and no cramping. I "feel" pregnant. The last one didnt feel right, but this one does. I go back on Monday (tomorrow) for more blood work. I am terrified I will get bad news.

Is this possible??? Please help!

Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

859006057 HB User
Re: High HCG level but no baby on Ultrasound!! ????

Hi JustJLinn,
I actually had the exact same thing happen to me! I had a missed period and my HCG level was elevated. My MD did a pregnancy test and told me I was indeed pregnant, had given me a due date and the very last thing in the appt. was to do an ultrasound. First we did a abdominal US that didn't show a fetus. Then we did a transvaginal ultrasound which revealed a ectopic pregnancy. (tubal preg.) I was 7.5 weeks and had experienced no pain, discomfort or bleeding. I was given 1 injection of Methotrexate that made me expell the embryo in approx. 2-3 days. Also there is a condition called Hydatiform Mole (molar pregnancy). In the early stages of this condition, this can't be distinguished from normal pregnancy. Please keep your appt. because there has got to be a reason why your HCG level is elevated. Hope all goes well.

Last edited by 859006057; 06-03-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: mispell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
(female)

JustJLinn HB User
Re: High HCG level but no baby on Ultrasound!! ????

Thank you. I am sorry about your loss. My Dr checked me for ectopic and everything was normal. So, I don't have that. I go back tomorrow morning for more blood work and hopefully something will be there.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, hcg, pregnancy, pregnant