It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

trentonsmom2005 HB User
Question Heartbeat on Doppler but not Ultrasound

Friday I had an appointment and the nurse found a heart rate of 155 on the doppler. The heart rate would show and then disappear but would show back up between 150-155.

I had an ultrasound and when they did the ultrasound the tech didn't seem too into any of it just doing measurements of mostly my uterus and ovaries to make sure things were fine she said. She only took 2-3 pics of the baby itself and I don't recall her tryin to locate a heart rate during ultrasound.

After ultrasound the doc came in and told me that they couldn't locate a heartbeat on the u/s and that they were going to prep me for a miscarriage and send me home. She said I would most likely miscarry by Sunday. Well today is Sunday, and nothing. I have no cramping on symptoms of miscarriage or anything.

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever had this happen? How does a doppler pick something up but an ultrasound doesn't?

Old 07-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Re: Heartbeat on Doppler but not Ultrasound

I don't think I ever heard of such a thing. I heard of heartbeat MOVEMENT on a sonogram but no heart BEATING on a doppler if it's before 14 weeks gestation. I would get a second opinion. Go to a different office or even to the ER just to be sure. With my last pregnancy, I was told they couldn't see any heartbeat movement on the sonogram and I was 7 weeks so I knew you would be able to. I went to another hospital and they told me the baby's heart was beating just fine AND I got to hear it. So it could be the machine they were using but definitely get a second opinion. When they said they will prepare you for a miscarriage, how exactly are they doing that? They didn't give you any pills did they? If they try to just decline and tell them you'll wait it out at home. I don't believe you're having a miscarriage though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
miscarriage, pregnancy advice, ultrasound