It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

chadswife0309 HB User
9 weeks 6 days, no yolk sac, no fetus

I am now 9 weeks and 6 days, I have searched up and down looking for information on what is going on and can not find anything. At 9 weeks 1 days I had my first ultrasound (of course beyond excited) and the tech informed me (only because I am moving) the he couldn't find the baby. Now I already knew my uterus is tilted, but the following day I saw my doctor again, my hcg levels were between 24,000 and 25,000 (were they should be). My doctor did another ultrasound in the room and still he couldn't find anything not even a yolk sac, and my uterus is measuring at 6 weeks without a baby or yolk sac. I am so confused and worried. I have 3 daughters already and a miscarriage but with the miscarriage I was 15 weeks and 5 days so we saw the baby and everything. Has anyone gone through this? How did it end for you? I have been told that there is still hope from friends and family but the doctor recommended me to have another ultrasound done when I get settled in if nothing has happened by then, and if still nothing to do a D&C. Any advice please?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: 9 weeks 6 days, no yolk sac, no fetus

I would be concerned with your HCG levels up and no yolk sac that you could have an ectopic pregnancy or less likely, a hydatiform mole, a rare growth that results from conception that doesn't form a fetus, but forms more like a cluster of grapelike cysts. An enhanced ultrasound in the hospital, rather than the usual "look see" type in the office would be a good idea. There has to be a yolk sac or something somewhere, and a more sophisticated ultrasound should show where it is. They can also follow your HCGs to see what the trend is. A miscarriage will cause HCG to drop, a mole will often cause higher than usual HCG and an ectopic (in the tube usually) will cause normal HCG but start causing lower abdominal pain on one side starting about now nto 12 weeks. That is crucial to note if it occurs, as an ectopic can rupture the tube. If you have ANY one sided pain in the ovarian area, get to a hospital ER. Good luck, I am hoping maybe the tech wasn't so good and a normal healthy baby is where it belongs!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread