HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/)
-   -   Pregnancy (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy/921949-pregnancy.html)

AndreaS84 10-07-2012 06:01 AM

Pregnancy

so I finally see the neurologist. He gives me a script for neurtoni and skelaxin. I go home and take a pregnancy test,....

I'M PREGNANT. I know for sure I can not take skelaxin. I called the neuro's office they have NEVER ORKED WITH A PREGNANT PATIENT. mY ob is out until the weekend.

The nurse suggested I stop neurotin
, which is sad, i got relief in the two doses I took of it. She suggested Tylenol, =which will do nothing

any one have any ex0erience. I've been off al meds for three days now and the inflammation, only seeping for two hours at a time is bugging me.

advice?

Chicabellarox 10-12-2012 05:54 PM

Re: Pregnancy

How are you doing? I am newly pregnant too and suffer from chronic pain. Not having the meds I need is very difficult! I hope you are able to get off neurontin soon. I hear it is very dangerous for the baby.

AndreaS84 12-07-2012 10:22 AM

Re: Pregnancy

[QUOTE=Chicabellarox;5071412]How are you doing? I am newly pregnant too and suffer from chronic pain. Not having the meds I need is very difficult! I hope you are able to get off neurontin soon. I hear it is very dangerous for the baby.[/QUOTE]

UGH, i just lost all of my reply.
since making this orignal posting I made an appointment for the pain management doctor who is with my neurosurgeon. Both he and my OB approved the use of hydrocodone for me. I hope to get off it soon and it has not helped really take the pain away. It just makes me able to function in my days like a halfway normal human. Although driving (45 minutes one way) to work is always killer, faced with sitting on my butt for another 8 hours. To help I've bought a kneeling chair and take frequent walking breaks.

In the months that have passed I've tried physical therapy to no avail. I declined on receiving epidural injections and soon made the decision that the best hopes of me resuming a normal life, relatively pain free and off of medications is going to require me to go through surgery.

Late last month I had a repeat MRI which showed that my L5/S1 herniation got worse, it was 8 mm now it's 12 mm, STILL impenging on my sciatic nerve. The surgeon has decided he won't operate on the other two as I am having no symptoms from it.

I'll update again when I get the surgery, the baby has made it into the second trimester.

I can't WAIT to get this done, work is just, ugh, life is just UGH. Hopefully i'll have a good recovery as the nere has only been compressed for about 4 months. I also plan to do PT while off work with some seriousness, buying a back brace (not given by the surgeon i just want to make sure i don't jank anything around) and I'll hopefully eat good food, take it slow and just walk on the treadmill when I can get my BF to drive me there.