It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

AndreaS84 HB User
Pregnancy

so I finally see the neurologist. He gives me a script for neurtoni and skelaxin. I go home and take a pregnancy test,....

I'M PREGNANT. I know for sure I can not take skelaxin. I called the neuro's office they have NEVER ORKED WITH A PREGNANT PATIENT. mY ob is out until the weekend.

The nurse suggested I stop neurotin
, which is sad, i got relief in the two doses I took of it. She suggested Tylenol, =which will do nothing

any one have any ex0erience. I've been off al meds for three days now and the inflammation, only seeping for two hours at a time is bugging me.

advice?

Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
(female)

Chicabellarox HB UserChicabellarox HB User
Re: Pregnancy

How are you doing? I am newly pregnant too and suffer from chronic pain. Not having the meds I need is very difficult! I hope you are able to get off neurontin soon. I hear it is very dangerous for the baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

AndreaS84 HB User
Re: Pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicabellarox View Post
How are you doing? I am newly pregnant too and suffer from chronic pain. Not having the meds I need is very difficult! I hope you are able to get off neurontin soon. I hear it is very dangerous for the baby.
UGH, i just lost all of my reply.
since making this orignal posting I made an appointment for the pain management doctor who is with my neurosurgeon. Both he and my OB approved the use of hydrocodone for me. I hope to get off it soon and it has not helped really take the pain away. It just makes me able to function in my days like a halfway normal human. Although driving (45 minutes one way) to work is always killer, faced with sitting on my butt for another 8 hours. To help I've bought a kneeling chair and take frequent walking breaks.

In the months that have passed I've tried physical therapy to no avail. I declined on receiving epidural injections and soon made the decision that the best hopes of me resuming a normal life, relatively pain free and off of medications is going to require me to go through surgery.

Late last month I had a repeat MRI which showed that my L5/S1 herniation got worse, it was 8 mm now it's 12 mm, STILL impenging on my sciatic nerve. The surgeon has decided he won't operate on the other two as I am having no symptoms from it.

I'll update again when I get the surgery, the baby has made it into the second trimester.

I can't WAIT to get this done, work is just, ugh, life is just UGH. Hopefully i'll have a good recovery as the nere has only been compressed for about 4 months. I also plan to do PT while off work with some seriousness, buying a back brace (not given by the surgeon i just want to make sure i don't jank anything around) and I'll hopefully eat good food, take it slow and just walk on the treadmill when I can get my BF to drive me there.

Closed Thread