It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

Miasmith HB User
Question Confirmed to be 6 weeks pregnant... is it possible to show already?

Hi I was last week confirmed to be pregnant. I am now only 6 weeks and have my first midwife appointment on Thursday.
My weight is already monitored due to health issues. When I was weighed last Monday i was 5.1.1. Today (Monday) i was weighed again and now weight 5.8.8. I was told this is baby weight, but is it possible to be gaining at 6 weeks as i have never weighed anymore then 5.2.1.
I am now finding my jeans to tight and have had it pointed out that i have a baby belly already. Is this possible?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
(female)

RachieO HB User
Re: Confirmed to be 6 weeks pregnant.. is it possible to show already?

Hey Mia,

I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with twins and I had definitely gained weight before I found out I was pregnant, most of this in my stomach area which looked like what could have been a teeny baby bump so ya, I guess it's possible! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Confirmed to be 6 weeks pregnant.. is it possible to show already?

Wow, this is exactly what's going on with me. I'm FIVE weeks pregnant and already gaining. Five weeks pregnant means only about 2 weeks since implantation, but I've somehow put on three pounds in those two weeks. Before I even suspected I was pregnant, my clothes got tight and I was looking at myself in the mirror, wondering where that extra belly came from. My mother-in-law actually asked me if I was pregnant.

Normally, most of the baby weight doesn't start to pack on for 4-5 months, but apparently us skinny ladies sometimes gain a few pounds right at the start of pregnancy. It's nature's way of protecting the child, in case nausea or lack of food becomes a problem later on.

It could also be related to water retention or bloating from digestive trouble. Or it could be all of the above.

Reply Reply

Tags
pregnancy advice