It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

lilmandylee HB User
Angry Labor and delivery with a percutaneous nephrostomy tube?

I have had a nephrostomy tube for weeks. No dr seems to wish to take responsibility for the ordering of its placement and the ob isn't familiar with them during pregnancy though they helped convince me to get it due to hydronephrosis. I've always had uti's and such though in my life. I was told the swelling has gone down but they are leaving it in until a couple weeks after the baby is born. Its really hurt my lifestyle and I haven't been active in things Id normally do like swimming this summer, outdoors with my kids, traveling, etc. I have had a terrible infection from it as well that a dr tried to say was muscle pain, until checking my urine and putting me on two kinds of antibiotics plus more pain meds. Sometimes the pain is so awful and absolutely unbearable. Then a urologist told me Id needed treated for the kidney infection but not usually put on daily antibiotics now (which an ob did for preventative measures i guess). If it hadn't gotten better somewhat by the next 24 hrs, I was going to have to be hospitalize again. I keep having huge pieces of white clumps and sediment looking like skin. And sometimes blood. I really want it out of my kidney and see no purpose for it or the problems it is causing. Has any of you moms labored and delivered with the nephrostomy tube and bag coming from your back? Can you please give details? Cesarean or vaginal? I am so curious and only have 4 more weeks until induction or less. Please give any info you can because no one seems to know anything or cannot tell me. Thanks ladies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
birth, high risk, hydronephrosis, kidney, pregnancy