It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2001, 07:32 PM   #1

waxeye HB User
Post Looking for treatment for non bacterial prostatitis

Does anyone know of any information that could assist me on my search for a cure for non bacterial prostatitis?

Old 01-05-2001, 05:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by waxeye:
Does anyone know of any information that could assist me on my search for a cure for non bacterial prostatitis?
I can only tell you what worked for me, but maybe it will give you ideas....

About 12 or 13 years ago, my urologist said that they could find nothing wrong with me (my prostate etc.) after completing an IVP treatment. I was so discouraged for I thought they could find something; a kidney stone, some restriction, or something that could be quickly repaired. I had non-bacterial prostatitis "big time". I was extremely miserable. This urologist suggested a better nutritional approach and relaxation etc., but I took it one step further, which he was not willing to discuss. I got very interested in herbs. I started with Marshmallow root, and then discovered many other herbs that were beneficial. Herbal therapy is something that needs to be thoroughly studied; it's important that you don't just mix some herbs in hot water and expect instant results. My cure took years, but the improvement was constant. I had this prostatitis type of a problem in varying degrees for more than 20 years, but was too ashamed or embarrassed to see a doctor. I just lived with it, until it was unbearable. It was wrong for me to do it, and wait so long, but that is what I did.

Later, I linked my urinary problems, lower back pain, loose teeth, gum disease, headaches, prostate cramps, arthritic joint pains, skin rashes, and chest pains to my mercury-silver dental amalgams. After having them removed about six years ago, I'm a new man. I'm now experimenting with cilantro to see if it chelates the mercury further out of my body (you can find more about this discovery on the internet).

To make a long story short a doctor 22-1/2 years ago told me not to run more than a hundred yards, and today I run about 19.5 miles each week. That doctor also told me that I was too old, too fat, and that I should take 10 aspirins a day for the arthritic joint pain.

During the Christmas Holidays last week while I was on vacation, I jogged and hiked 33 miles. And now I'm 50 years old. My urinary problems are almost diminished to the point of being almost completely healed. I'll never forget the misery, and I thank God every day for this health. It was frustrating for me for about 20 years as I got progressively worse (until I saw my first urologist in about 1987), so I feel for your pain.

Since, it is rare that you would have what I have (but possible), I would first explore a nutritional approach, and see if herbs will work for you after consulting your doctor and doing thorough research. Best of luck.

By the way, I have to admit that I have still one health problem. I'm having one 15mm kidney stone pulverized with shock wave therapy tomorrow. That was the first time that I had experienced any kind of a problem like that. Other than that, my very detailed CT scan, and all of my laboratory work showed that I'm in excellent health for an old man!!! Wish me luck too.

By the way, a better lifestyle with exercise and improved diet decreases your ability to get cancer too, plus a host of other diseases like adult-onset diabetes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2001, 08:46 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User
Hey Guys,
When I was in the service, I knew a gunny that had this problem. He would go to a clinic in what ever port we were in and have his prostrate massaged. If we were in a port that did'nt have a clinic that would/could do it, he would have a boom boom girl do it.
He also took antibotics I believe also. He said this relieved his pain and enabled him stay in the service. I think he said he had had it for years. This was back in the late sixtys.
Peace

Old 01-14-2001, 11:52 PM   #4

villasillo HB User
Hello there,
you sound like you have interstitial cystitis. It is the same thing you have with a different name. It feels like you have a bladder infection without the bacteria. There is a procedure your doctor can do to find out if this is one you have. Anyways the good news is there is some treatments for it but no cure. I took antidepressant which relaxes your bladder. The other medicine elmiron I took and it is to make a new liner in your bladder. how about trying to not eat anything acid and drink only water. If that helps then you have IC . Just a thought of mine.
Take care
Linda
ps I have heard that some people do use the marshmellow root tea to sooth the bladder

Old 01-27-2001, 10:18 PM   #5
(male)

Mace HB User
I have BPH and am taking 5mg Hytrin twice a day. Also take 50mg zinc, Saw Pametto and cranberry daily.

The above combination has reduced the discomfort to almost zero. The big change came when I was put on the Hytrin.

Good Luck, God Bless, Mace

Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
(male)

G00se HB User
Re: Looking for treatment for non bacterial prostatitis

Waxeye,

I had my first bout with prostatitis this winter and I know exactly how painful it is. I was placed on heavy antibiotics which knocked it out but I am waiting to see if it will come back. I was told that my chances of being completely cured are 50/50. I'm just waiting and enjoying my life in the mean time.

There is a researcher named Dr. John Krieger who specializes in prostatitis at the University of Washington. He is considered one of the leading researchers in the world in this area. He believes (from my short discussion with his nurse) that all prostatitis is caused by bacteria that often times is difficult to detect. He specializes in methods of detecting bacteria in his patients. Most of his patients have been to anywhere between 5-8 doctors before visiting him and have not been adequately diagnosed. His nurse told me that they are able to cure or at least greatly help the majority of their patients.

If you've tried everything else it might be worth a shot, especially if you have good health insurance. Dr. Krieger's information is below:

John Krieger, MD
1959 NE Pacific St, SP1266
Box 356158
Seattle, WA 98195
Appt: (206)598-4294

Good Luck my friend. I hope you are able to overcome this. Please share whatever answers you do find.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
(male)

Type-SH HB User
Re: Looking for treatment for non bacterial prostatitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by G00se View Post
Waxeye,

I had my first bout with prostatitis this winter and I know exactly how painful it is. I was placed on heavy antibiotics which knocked it out but I am waiting to see if it will come back. I was told that my chances of being completely cured are 50/50. I'm just waiting and enjoying my life in the mean time.

There is a researcher named Dr. John Krieger who specializes in prostatitis at the University of Washington. He is considered one of the leading researchers in the world in this area. He believes (from my short discussion with his nurse) that all prostatitis is caused by bacteria that often times is difficult to detect. He specializes in methods of detecting bacteria in his patients. Most of his patients have been to anywhere between 5-8 doctors before visiting him and have not been adequately diagnosed. His nurse told me that they are able to cure or at least greatly help the majority of their patients.

If you've tried everything else it might be worth a shot, especially if you have good health insurance. Dr. Krieger's information is below:

John Krieger, MD
1959 NE Pacific St, SP1266
Box 356158
Seattle, WA 98195
Appt: (206)598-4294

Good Luck my friend. I hope you are able to overcome this. Please share whatever answers you do find.
i was wondering which antibiotic u took (cipro, doxycycline?), cuz i'm dealing with the same problem

Closed Thread