It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #1

PapaJoe HB User
Red face Prostatitis - decreased, watery ejaculate??

I have had a bout of prostatitis that has been creeping up on me for the past week or two (I just started on Cipro yesterday). Anyway, during this time, I have noticed subtle changes in the way it feels when I ejaculate, prostate "fullness", more difficulty in keeping it "up" and when I take a walk or sit the wrong way it feels like I have to have a bowel movement really bad.

The one thing I guess that bothers me the most is that when I masturbate, it takes a little longer because sometimes my penis will get little limp and then when I finally DO have an orgasm, it will feel kind of weird/crampy around my prostate area and only a VERY small amount of watery ejaculate will come out of my penis so instead of shooting 4-5 good loads of white stuff, it just sort of drips out like watery tapioca or something. Sorry for being so graphic but it's the truth and I was just wondering if this was pretty much the way prostatitis works or if my symptoms are unusual. I'm 43 by the way and have had this only once before. My Urinalysis came back "normal" (supposedly).

Old 09-16-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User
Re: Prostatitis - decreased, watery ejaculate??

I have had chronic prostatitis for years. The symptoms you describe are definitely the result of prostatitis. When you ejaculate it may burn and sometimes may really hurt. Prostatitis also affects the hardness and duration of an erection. I have found that when I have prostatitis really bad that I cannot maintain an erection long enough for intercourse or if I can maintain an erection I can't ejaculate. I have found that the plesure in the penis during intercourse has to be greater than the pain and buring in the prostate or no ejaculation will occur. On such occasions I will finish myself by masturbating. Masturbation may take a long time, several minutes, and will probably be done with a soft penis rather than a hard one. Since you have prostatitis, the most important thing to know is that you must keep the prostate cleaned out on a regular basis, whatever that rate is for you. I have found that if I don't clean mine out every other day that the prostatitis will get worse. You have to determine the rate of ejaculation for yourself. The amount of ejaculate will vary and will most probably just kind of seep out when the prostate is inflamed. If you have other questions, list them and I will try to answer. It is a miserable condition. Hope the Cipro helps. I have found that once you get it, it is very difficult if not impossible to really get rid of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #3

PapaJoe HB User

I want to thank you for sharing with me wood650. This is my second bout of prostatitis in two years and the first one was a nightmare because it got into my balls and everything and I was extremely fortunate to be able to treat and cure it. I can only hope I will get lucky again but I know it can and will take time with no guarantees of success. In my case, I tend to bring these on myself because I am into both urethral insertion/toys as well as anal sex (male/female). I feel that I got this last UTI when I played in my urethra with a dirty toy. I know all this sounds sick and yes, I suppose it is but I have now made a promise to myself that I will never again put myself at risk by trying to stimulate my prostate that way. I've only done it twice in the last years or so anyway so I don't do it that often.

Anyway, I have noticed that in addition to the symptoms I mentioned, sometimes just the "fullness" of my prostrate will cause my penis to stand up semi-rigid by itself or I'll get a mild throbbing/aching sensation which I guess the prostrate translates as "stimulation" and my penis will get a bit rigid but of course, it does'nt really get very hard and it does'nt exactly feel what I'd call "pleasurable". It also feels like a swollen, clogged up old rag that needs the gunk wrung out of it and there is also mild burning/aching/*****ling when I ejaculate. It does not burn when I pee and I have no problem peeing except I do have the "urgency" thing so when I have to "go" I really have to go!.

I can't think of any other symptoms at the moment. Thank's again for letting me know that I am not alone.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Indeed, unprotected anal sex and urinary insertion "toys" invite all sorts of infections. If the Cipro does not seem to help, insist on getting a culture of your expressed prostatic fluid to see what grows. Infections that Cipro cannot treat are possible.

As for clearing out the prostate, ejaculations are not the best way - prostate massage is much more effective. It is, most men would agree, I think - a more uncomfortable way to clear out the prostate, however. It is also inconvenient if you have to go see a doctor to do it, though some people can get a spouse to do it (some education or training is required), and a few limber souls can do it themselves. If interested, do a web search on the subject.

Old 09-17-2004, 06:26 AM   #5

PapaJoe HB User

I do have a few more questions come to think of it. I have heard that you are not supposed to drink anything with caffeine in it while you have prostatitis and are taking Cipro. Is it ok if I drink decaf though and is it the Cipro or the prostatitis itself that is the reason you are not supposed to drink caffenated beverages?

Also, is it normal for walking to be slightly uncomfortable with prostatitis?. I swear, it feels like my prostate gland is bouncing around or squeezing itself every time I take a step and so I have to walk...um...kind of bowlegged and take shorter walks )-;

This is not fun at all

Old 09-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

Yes, walking can affect prostatitis. It may make it better, but I have found that walking makes my pain worse. I also agree that when the prostate is infected that it feels like it is clogged. Many times when I masturbate it is because I can't ejaculate in my wife, and it takes forever to ejaculate because the clogs just feel like they are sealed. Then when it does ejaculate the pain can be intense for a short time.

I agree that prostate massages are a good method to relieve the prostate, but who can go to the doctor every day. Masturbation in addition to prostate massages will keep the prostate cleaned out. It is important to keep it cleaned out because the semen lays in there and grows bacteria. My wife will sometimes massage my prostate.

I think that sticking anything in the penis is just asking for infection. It is certainly not worth the pain of prostatitis.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

Forgot about the question regarding caffine. With prostatitis you should drink nothing with caffine and no cola drinks. I have found that I cannot drink any carbonated beverages. EVen a little bit will cause my prostate to burn. I have even found that tea will iritate it. It is a wonderful ailment.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #8

PapaJoe HB User

Just one or two more questions if you don't mind and thank's for everyone's help so far. Is there a particular reason why a person should not drink caffeine during a bout of prostatitis?. The nurse I spoke to said it was because caffeine was a vaso-constrictor but then when I asked her if it caused a decrease in circulation and thus prevented Cipro from getting into the prostrate, she said "no". Hmmm...say what???.

The other questions I had was wether or not prostatitis can make your prostrate ache, throb or cause it to have a sharp or *****ly feeling once in awhile. I'm not in agony or anything but it sure is uncomfortable when I sit in certain positions.

And also, how long after you begin taking Cipro, do you actually begin to start feeling some relief from this thing?. The doc gave me Cipro for 10 days and I'm only on day 2-1/2.

Last edited by PapaJoe; 09-18-2004 at 10:51 AM.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

I'm not sure what caffine does, but I know it irritates my prostate. It may cause it to spasm somewhat, not sure.

Yes prostatitits can cause throbbing and sharp pains in the prostate. You better believe it.

Cipro should begin to work within a week if it is going to work. If it does not work there are other medications you can take. You may have to try 2 or 3 before you find one that works. Cipro is the most popular at the current time.

Indeed it is a miserable condition.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:56 PM   #10

PapaJoe HB User

wood650

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your taking the time to assist me with my issues. It's a very scary thing when you are sick, scared and all alone in this world having to deal with your problems. I have been so sad, scared and depressed lately because of this and now I just finished reading that people with prostatitis often have to also deal with depression, stress and anxiety. I definately have those right now.

I guess the one other thing I am wondering is what is the incubation period of non-bacterial prostatitis?. I know it sounds funny because without bacteria, there probably would'nt be an "incubation period" in the first place.

I suppose what bothers me the most about this whole thing is that my semen comes out in smaller spurts. Not to sound gross or anything but at various times, I have scooped up my ejaculate with my fingers just to see how much I "produced". I would say that under normal circumstances, I probably produce about a 1/2 teaspoon of thick, milky fluid that comes out in 4-5 spurts but ever since this bout of prostatitis has occurred, there are smaller spurts and there is about an 1/8th teaspoon of fluid. It troubles me from the standpoint that there is a lot of "gunk" trapped in there (I guess) that wants to get out and I don't want it to accumulate and cause further infection. I know that the last bout of this I had caused various ejaculatory problems.

I keep having all these visions of blocked ducts and a prostrate and/or seminal vesicles ready to explode. A lot goes through my mind.

One last thing, I find myself sort of shuffling along and walking slowly because if I walk too fast, it aggravates my prostatitis. Is this normal?

Last edited by PapaJoe; 09-18-2004 at 06:14 PM.

Old 09-19-2004, 07:06 PM   #11

PapaJoe HB User

You know, I was wondering how it would be if I were to take a really hot sitz bath (which is supposed to relax and loosen up blockages in the prostrate/seminal vesicles) and then masturbate in the hopes of getting some of this trapped gunk out. I've now seen two articles that said this was a very good thing to do and might even be "curative". Anyone else ever heard of this method as an alternative to a prostrate massage?.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:23 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

Sitz baths can help with the pain and probably in loosing up the gunk in the prostate. Don't overdo the masturbation as I have told you in other posts. Too much will irritate and make you worse just as not often enough will do the same.

Closed Thread