HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Prostatitis (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/prostatitis/)
-   -   Some very specific questions about prostatitis (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/prostatitis/209950-some-very-specific-questions-about-prostatitis.html)

PapaJoe 09-21-2004 05:25 PM

Some very specific questions about prostatitis

Ok, instead of beating around the bush I thought I'd ask some very specific questions to try and determine if I do indeed have prostatitis or if it's something else. Please help me out if you can here. The answers don't have to be long and detailed or anything but please feel free to make them as detailed as you like and exept my gratitude for whatever information you all can provide.

* How long does the pain last AFTER ejaculation usually last (hours, days, etc)?

* What kind of pain is it (ie; sharp, throbbing, achey, cramping, etc)?

* Is there a decrease in semen?

* Does it hurt a great deal to sit or walk?

* From a scale of 1-10, how severe is ther pain (1=very mild/10=excruciating)?

* Does you prostrate area feel blocked up, bloated or like you have to have a bowel movement?

* Do you find that pain relievers are not all that affective?

* Do you have trouble sleeping because of the pain/discomfort?

* Is the pain continuous or intermittant?

* Do you feel any movement in the area of your prostate that feels like trapped fluid squishing around, something scraping, spasms or any other type of MOVEMENT?

*Do you find that drinking coffee and/or masterbating helps or hurts your symptoms?

*When your semen comes out does it dribble, come out in tiny spurts, retrograde ejaculation or does it not come out at all?

* Do you ever feel like you are "sitting" on your prostate or like your prostate is about ready to burst?

Magnetic 09-21-2004 06:22 PM

Re: Some very specific questions about prostatitis

If you have not seen a urologist, please do so. Your symptoms are consistent with prostatitis, but let him make the diagnosis. Insist of a culture of your EPS to see what all grows.

PapaJoe 09-21-2004 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=Magnetic]If you have not seen a urologist, please do so. Your symptoms are consistent with prostatitis, but let him make the diagnosis. Insist of a culture of your EPS to see what all grows.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have an appointment to see my urologist tommorow at 2:30PM. they actually wanted to make me wait two weeks but I called back later and told them I was in a LOT of pain so they moved me up a week. This morning, I called again and asked to get in on an expidited/emergency basis. Anyway, I just hope and pray that I do not get blown off and that he will actually do some tests other than a simple urinalysis because that came back negative twice already. I'd really like to have a transrectal ultrasound or an MRI to see if anything is blocking my semen up there. This particular urologist has very good "bedside manner" and is a good listener but like I said in an earlier post, I'm on medicaid and that nmeans very low pay and lots of paperwork so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway, I don't necessarilly suffer from all of the symptoms I mentioned (although I do suffer from many of them) as much as am just trying to rule (in or out) prostatitis and wether I have it by getting very specific answers to the questions I listed. I understand that noone here can diagnose me but I would really appreciate it if someone (hopefully several people) could use the questions above to just give me some insight into their own symptoms because I feel it might give me a better understanding of my own condition.

PapaJoe 09-22-2004 08:14 AM

Please, can't someone answer these questions so I can feel reassured?. I know it sounds like I'm freaking out over this but I am terribly scared and just being able to "relate" by having these questions answered will help me immensely. If I'd be better off deleting the questions and reposting them in a different forum, please let me know and I'll do that. Again, I'm sorry for being scared but I can't help it.

Again, I really appreciate it a LOT

wood650 09-22-2004 04:16 PM

All of the symptoms are those of prostatitis. See my answer on your other post.