It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
(male)

loopman HB User
Prostatitis - HELP

Hey guys- I normally post on another topic but I need help. I have had Prostititus for 7 years. It mostly came and went lasting a week or so every other month or so. I went to a Uroligist and he more or less patted me on the back and told me to live with it. In the last couple of years it has come around more often. I went and got a second opinion. He took an aggresive approach. He put me on an antibiotic, Flomax, and 800 mg. of Ibuprofin as needed. This seemed to help at first. When I have this condition I am worthless to my wife in bed. I ejactulate in less than 5 minutes. I also have migraines. What I found out was if I took my pain pills, my Prostate pain would go away and I could function in bed. As long as I have the pain I can't perform. I got where I was hooked on the pain meds. I quit taking the pain meds. a little over 6 weeks ago. My prostate has been huting now for 5 weeks. I have taken my meds. from the last Dr. and it doesn't seem to help. I am not resorting back to the pain meds. It has never lasted this long. If anybody has some advice, I would gladly listen. A couple of things I almost forgot. I run 3-4 days p/week and I also watch what I eat. I am also on a multi vitamin for men. It seems I am doing everything right, but nothing seems to help.

Thank you,
Loop

Last edited by loopman; 08-11-2005 at 06:35 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #2
(male)

loopman HB User
Re: Prostititus-HELP

Hey- Sorry I just wanted to bump this up. It was already back on page 3.

Loop

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
(male)

loopman HB User
Re: Prostititus-HELP

I spelled it wrong. It should have been Prostatitus. Which is an infection of the Prostate Gland.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User
Re: Prostatitis - HELP

An agressive approach would be to put you on a good anti-biotic such as Levaquin or Cipro for 6 weeks to make sure the infection is gone and maybe even do a Cystoscopy to check your prostate and bladder. Prostate infections can be very hard to cure, I know because I went through a few Urologists before I found one who was willing to work with me and try more then one drug. After you are feeling better, it may be worth it to start taking the herb Saw Palmetto. I`ve been on it for years now, it helps to shrink the prostate gland and works very much like the drug Proscar does. Some of the other vitamins and herbs are excellent and contain other substances such as Zinc which also helps maintain a healthy prostate. Other things which help the prostate are drinking enough water AND having sex regularly. The women never seem to believe this though........... : )

Old 08-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #5
(male)

citationX HB User
Re: Prostatitis - HELP

Interesting situation.....

I feel for ya guy. I've had on 'n' off bouts of accute prostatitis as well. I've gone thru several Uro's as they didn't take it seriously. From my experience, the antibiotic DOXYCYCLINE worked for me BUT...the side effects are that it will make you real sleepy in a heartbeat and you have to watch your diet...

I still experience sharp pains in my abs when I run and the plumbing is affected but i have a real understanding wife. Take zinc tablets daily, drink at least 64 ozs of water and yes...empty out the old prostate with the help of your better half......

Chronis or Accute Prostatitis seems to be apart of being a guy....it's what you do about it that makes the difference....glad your exercising on a regular basis..that will help.

Take Care...

Closed Thread