It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

bikesing HB User
Chronic prostatitis or BPH???

I'm a 56 yo male. Starting 10 months ago I've had mild epidymitis on left side (mild). That was treated with antibiotics and got better. But since then I've had a very mild nagging pain between anus and scrotum on left side. Now it's been feeling like a left sided pain (again mild) around bladder area. I've had urine tests (all neg), used antibiotics, had an ultrasound of testicles (showed a epydidimal cyst on the right side!), seen reg Dr and urologist, had plenty of prostate exams (PSA was 0.8 last year) and prostate feels fine to the Dr's. I had a pelvic/abdominal CAT scan 3 days ago and don't have results yet. I'm worrying about this low pelvic mild nagging pain. It feels worse when I have to pee. It doesn't take much for me to feel like I have to pee and this sensation is more on the left side. Has anyone had these symptoms? It's different from what I've felt before. At first the uro said it was BPH. I need to hear from other guys and the symptoms they feel. I'm really worried about this!!!

Thanks!
Tom

Old 01-29-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
(male)

bikesing HB User
Re: Chronic prostatitis or BPH???

OK, guys - I've had 18 views but no replies!! Please post something if you can relate to this at all. Again, what I'm feeling is a feeling of a full bladder when it's not really full and I feel this on the left side of the bladder. This woke me up last night in the middle of the night. It's more than just the urge to go - it feels like a very mild pain to the left side of my bladder. I was busy today working on my house (expanding a doorway, changing a load bearing wall - big job) and was not really disturbed by this when I was busy. Maybe I'm making it worse than it is. Please give me some feedback!!!

Tom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

GR8HARE HB User

I've only had similar symptoms since my robotic rp on May 16th last year. Part of the healing process in my case, but since your urologist doesn't seem too concerned at this point ... you may be worrying needlessly ... that is until you get the results of the pelvic/abdominal cat scan. Wait and see what develops from that. Keep us posted, Tom. Best wishes.....

Thom in VA

Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
(male)

bikesing HB User

Hi Thom,

Did you have any symptoms before your surgery? Still waiting for the call from the Dr. and will update when I get this. I'm thinking it's mild chronic prostatitis. We'll see. Thanks so much for your reply!
Tom

Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

GR8HARE HB User

Tom,
I had no symptoms at all ... NONE! Had my yearly physical with my GP a year ago tomorrow and, of course, she ordered up a PSA test since she had missed that liittle test in previous years. It came back a slightly elevated 4.8, so she sent me straight to a urologist who performed a very thorough DRE (ouch) He felt an ever so slight nodule on the central core or the prostate so he immediately setup a biopsy which came back positive for cancer on 4 of 12 needles. The rest is history. I'm at the 8+ month mark and have had two "undetectable" PSA tests since the surgery ... so far so good. Sounds like you have done your research and I tend to agree with your self diagnosis. Let's hope that's all it is buddy!!! Best to you!

Thom in VA

Old 02-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #6
(male)

bikesing HB User

Got my CAT results today - good news in that all was clear! But it did show some diverticulosis, which he said could be causing my problems. We also discussed possible chronic prostatitis and concluded that a month of antibiotic therapy would be wise, as this is what's done for either the prostatitis or diverticulitis (when the -osis turns to -itis it's a problem) So good news! Thanks for all the help, and I'm glad you caught your cancer early and got rid of it. My father was not so fortunate.

Tom

Old 02-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #7
(male)

bikesing HB User

Well, today was not a good day. Terrible stress at work and by this evening my bladder was really bugging me. Even though I got a good CAT scan report, I'm still at wits end as to what's really the cause for this left sided bladded pain and a feeling that I have to pee so often. Yes, the urologist said it was either the diverticulosis or chronic prostatits, but that leaves me cold. Isn't there some way to definitively diagnose the cause of this strange annoying full bladder pain? Anyone with similar experiences?

TOm

Closed Thread