It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
(male)

distressed1 HB User
Prostatitis Symptoms

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with prostatitis a few years ago and have had one other flare-up since then (about 8 months ago). Both times, my doctor treated it with Cipro and it went away after a few weeks. I think it's back again, and I wanted to see what others have experienced in terms of symptoms. My main symptoms are pain in the left testicle that seems to radiate to my hip and down the inside of my thigh; a slower than normal urine stream; and that feeling that you're sitting on a golf ball every now and then. The last time I had prostatitis -- and this time too -- I've also felt like I had a mild flu. No high temperatures, just feeling a little fevery, achy all over and the lymph nodes under my jaw are tingly (not swollen).

Has anyone else who has recurring bouts of prostatitis experienced these flu-like symptoms? I've read countless lists of prostatitis symptoms on medical websites, but nothing is standard from one site to the next. They say that acute bacterial prostatitis can have high fever and chills. I don't have either of these, just a slight fever and aches all over.

I've moved to a new city and am waiting for my doctor's appointment, but in the meantime, any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
(male)

agray100 HB User
Re: Prostatitis Symptoms

I've had full blown bouts of this three times. Those are exactly the symptoms I've experienced. At times, some discomfort has been worse than others. The golf ball feeling only happened the last time I had it, not the first two times. The mild flu like symptoms is probably your body trying to fight the infection.

Let us know what your urologist thinks and the treatment.

Last edited by agray100; 08-16-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
(male)

distressed1 HB User
Re: Prostatitis Symptoms

Thanks for your response. It's comforting to know someone else has had the same symptoms. Reading descriptions of prostatitis, BPH, and prostate cancer on the web gets really confusing because one site lists symptoms for prostatitis that another site lists for prostate cancer. I wish there was a standard.

Anyway, I saw my GP this week and he took blood for PSA and CBC, and is also took urine for testing. He did a DRE and said my prostate felt boggy. He also found some sort of swelling in the scrotum above my testicle on the left side (same side as I'm having testicle pain.) He thinks this could be epididymitis or variocele or something. I'm having an ultrasound done this week and a urologist appointment the following week. In the meantime, I'll get the blood and urine tests back this week.

I just get so anxious having to wait.

Closed Thread