It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
(male)

tomicavols HB User
Prostatitis questions/Saw Palmetto

Despite being in my early 30s, I have a history of prostate infections. I usually only do about a week to ten days worth of antibiotics and can't take quinolones because of severe anxiety reactions.

Does Saw Palmetto work to help? I've read that it can, but that there's also an increased risk of prostate cancer from some medical journal.

What has helped some others (antibiotics or otherwise) that doesn't include Levaquin or another quinolone? Mostly I've been given Macrobid, but some say that's only useful for the urinary tract and doesn't help the prostate much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
(male)

devie41 HB User
Re: Prostatitis questions/Saw Palmetto

I have heard that saw palmetto helps with an enlarged prostate but if you may have cancer (unknowingly)....I heard that saw palmetto has something to do with hormones so I am interested in what somebody elts may say. How did you know when you had a prostate infection. Let me know what your symtoms were. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
(male)

tomicavols HB User
Re: Prostatitis questions/Saw Palmetto

Frequent urination, pain in the groin and both kidneys. Doctor's digital rectal exam showed an enlarged prostate and a urinalysis showed bacteria. If you are having symptoms, see your doctor.

Closed Thread