It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
(male)

soadsp92290 HB User
Need Help-chronic Prostatitis At 16?

I am 16 years old and have been diagnosed with prostatitis. Not a specific kind, but i was on cipro for 2 weeks and im guessing it wasnt bacterial. I am only 16, yes so this really blows. I have cut myself off from caffeine, decongestants, citris, and any type of trigger. I have had UTI's and strictures for three years now, i am taking hot baths and i am on flomax. NOTHING works. i understand this is a difficult issue to deal with, so if anyone could offer advice as to what it is they do to relieve pain, let me know. Btw, if it helps i rate my pain anywhere from 1-3 on a 1-5 scale

Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
(male)

Dkon32 HB User
Re: Need Help-chronic Prostatitis At 16?

You might need the labs to culture your prostate fluid.
Anti-inflammation drugs could help.

I was on Cipro for 2 months for Bacterial Prostatitis
and i still dont know if its been fully resolved.

I go to see my Uroligist for another exam tommorrow.
This is a very hard thing to cure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
(male)

soadsp92290 HB User

yea, everything i've read has said this is difficult to both treat and diagnose because it shares symptoms with other types of urological issues. figures. i go back next week, not sure what exam will go on, but i am doing all i can to cope with it......does sitting on hard surfaces for a long time affect it at all? i had read it does, and i got back to school from spring break and since ive been sitting in those rock-solid chairs for 6 hrs, its been worse than it was all break! feels like this >

Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #4
(male)

Jinxy285 HB User

Have you tried Saw Pallmetto??? or Nettle Root? There are many herbal remidies for BPH, benighn protatitis... How do you feel otherwise...? Are you in the midst of puberty? I ask becuase prostatitis can be caused by hormone inbalance and even though I have never heard of this; maybe it is something to do with puberty... Acne for instance is do in part in young men becuase of excess T which converts to DHT. That is why steriod abusers get ACNE... anyway excessive DHT is also a cause of BPH... maybe you are having a wierd manifestation of this hormone imbalance... Dr's treat symptoms... get another Dr that is not a uriologist and get a 2nd opinion... at least ask your Doc to check your hormone levels... could not hurt although I think at your age it will be difficult to accertain anything since they are probably all over the place as a norm.... good luck...

Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
(male)

soadsp92290 HB User

yea...i am using saw palmetto..cant really tell the difference..but i am on flomax and it seems ot have done soemthing...althought it apears to stop woring at about 5pm w/e its better than nothing.....

The Following User Says Thank You to soadsp92290 For This Useful Post:
sss1 (04-27-2012)
Old 04-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
(female)

shellshell82 HB User

My husband has chronic non-bacterial prostatitis and has had it since he was a teen. Recently, his urologist put him on Bisolvon - it breaks down mucus and is usually used for chesty coughs (I think). Apparently mucus build-up can be part of the whole prostatitis thing. Apparently chronic sinuisitis is also common with chronic prostatitis - my husband has chronic sinuisitis as well. The sinuisitis has recently cleared up somewhat, so perhaps the Bisolvon is helping with that! I think the pain in his prostate has been less as well, but it has still not disappeared.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #7
(male)

lucky427 HB User

Sounds more like chronic pelvic pain to me. Its a muscular condition and is treatable with physical therapy. I would recommend checking out the stanford protocal.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #8
(male)

Living still HB User
Smile Re: Need Help-chronic Prostatitis At 16?

Hey SOADSP92290. I see that you haven't posted anything in a while. just thought I would ask how things turned out for you. I had a series of serious urinary tract infections as a very young boy. They never diagnosed me with CP until rescently and I have had varying degrees of suceess treating it over the last couple of years. Did you get some help that worked?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User

I just read that one in every two men over the age of 50
suffers from some degree of UCPPS and one in three men
under 50 is affected. UCPPS (urologic chronic pain syndrome)
is probably even more prevalent because many men prefer
to bear it silently rather than go to a urologist. More and
more research is being done but no conclusive solutions
have yet been proven completely successful, largely because
there are several possible causes and some overlap. So if misery
loves company we are well situated. I also have sinusitis to
go along with my CP or UCPPS or pelvic myoneuropathy, or
whatever name is currently in vogue.

Closed Thread