It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
(male)

andy27 HB User
Prostatitis?

I'm a 27 year old male. First of all this never started until I passed my first kidney stone. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

After I passed my Kidney stone I felt great. Back to normal. Then I was bitten by a tick a few days later on my leg a few inches from my testicles.

I started experiencing pain in my testicles and a feeling of something being in my shaft for days. Then the pain went between my legs, and then into my rectum area. Then I experienced a feeling of enlargement in my anus and my butt cheeks were very tender to the touch. The doctor at the ER diagnosed me with prostatitis after doing a rectal exam. He put me on levaquin for 1 week and it did nothing and my symptons got worse. I started sweating bad at night, itching at night, headaches, fevers,... I then noticed a little bit of a rash developing around my tick bite. So I went to the ER again. The doctor put me an IV of doxycycline and gave me a prescription for it as well and told me to follow up with my family doctor. Well, I didn't have one, but arranged one within 4 days of leaving the ER.

During the 4 days of being on Doxycycline most of my symptoms went away. The swelling feeling was almost non existent and the majority of the pain in my testicles had gone away. I saw a urologist and he did another rectal exam. This time it was still a little tender, but not as much as when the ER doctor had done it before. The urologist also said it sounded like I was on the right antibiotics because my symptoms were starting to go away.

A day later I got to see my new family doctor. I explained to him about being diagnosed with prostatitis, being bitten by a tick, and told him I was on Doxycycline. He took me off the Doxy and put me on 2 weeks of Cipro beause the Doxy was making my legs hurt, giving me extremely bad headaches and migranes, and making my eyes hurt. We also went over the results from the hospital because they did a tick test. They found no lyme disease or any fever type illnesses.

About 11 days I was almost back to normal and then on the 12th day of into taking the Cipro (2 days left) the pain in my testicles started to return. Almost the same as it did the first time. So I went back to my family doctor and he put me on Cipro for 30 days and told me if this did not help I would need to see a Urologist.

As of right now I have the following:

Pain in my testicles
Pain in my shaft
Pain between my legs
Pain between legs after ejaculation
Penis shaft is tender when having an erection
Pain in rectal area
Tenderness on inside of butt cheeks
Frequency to urinate (Off and On)

Odd sensations:

Have tingling/vibrating feelings in testicles, rectum area, and butt cheeks. Can be felt when sitting/lying down

Pain Free:

I am pain free every morning. I usually fall asleep with pain, but fall asleep on my side. When I wake up there is either no pain or very little pain. However, after 15-20 minutes of being up the pains gradually come back. However, if I am constantly moving. Like today I took a 4 mile walk. I could not feel hardly anything when walking constantly. When I slowed down or stopped walking the pain would start to come back.

While there is pain when sitting on my butt or lying down. It is actually more of a relief if I have been standing all day.

Also, there is no sensation of my prostate being swollen as of right now. I am beginining to think the Doxy was doing more than the Cipro. What are your thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
(male)

lucky427 HB User
Re: Prostatitis?

sounds like it could be a muscular condition known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome. You can fix it with physical therapy. Do some research on the Stanford Protocal run by Stanford University.

Closed Thread