It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
(male)

JP99 HB User
Prostatitis and Sexual Dysfunction?

What are any sexual problems associated with prostatitis/enlarged prostate?

How chronic can the side effects be? I'm curious to hear from any men who have dealt with prostatitis and sexual issues and treatments/issues/timelines/success rates involved.

Thanks.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
(male)

excalibur09 HB User
Re: Prostatitis and Sexual Dysfunction?

Hi

There are definitely some sexual side effects associated with Prostatitis.

- I'm currently undergoing treatment for it (2 months antibiotic course)
- Already completed a 20 day course just a week before for the same thing. Should have cleared that up then itself.

Effects
- Penis is not sensitive to touch
- Does not get hard, I'm able to ejaculate without attaining an erection
- There is a strange sensation while ejaculation. Not really burning but a discomfort
- There is no morning wood.

History

I have started believing God does not want me to be ok below the belt . I was diagnosed with epididymorchitis in March this year. This came from unprotected sexual contact (second time in my life - I am 32). The epididymorchitis cleared after 1.5 months of antibiotics. However, it left some fluid behind in the testicles which developed in to an epididymal cyst. I carry this around in my left testicle. A general sense of discomfort in the groin continued and I sought more advice. Meanwhile a KUB scan confirmed that I also have something called as a ureterocele in the urinary bladder.

3 Urologists later I was advised an operation to remove the ureterocele and aspirate the cyst (fancy term for injecting out the fluid), which I underwent. The fluid in most cases and mine, just came back anyway and the ureterocele was removed.

However now after experiencing discomfort again, I went to my uro who said that the prostatitis has recurred. What I feel is listed above. Besides the sexual problems, there is a constant feeling of tightness in the groin area (like wearing very tight underwear). The testicles are normally shrunken and tense - this is the feeling I have.

The overall feeling that I now have is that the operations I went through were not really required. Surgeons being surgeons, will normally advise them anyway because that's how they make their money. My feeling is that I had a case of prostatitis which from the start, right around the time when I contacted the epididymorchitis. That was the one thing causing the pain (especially while sitting) and the general swelling in the testicle which I've had is also a common thing with prostatitis, I understand.

I just hope this thing goes away soon for good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
(male)

dukert HB User

Wow..doesn't sound good at all. I have had prostatitis on and off for 25 years...more off than on, but when I get a case...it is hard to get rid off..typical symptoms I guess...ache in testicles as day wears on...sometimes lower abdominal pain...checked by Dr. I am on second course of antibiotics..first, Leviquin four weeks...no help...now Dozycycline..for 5 days so far no help...I am not certain if I have epididmorchitis...how would I know...last time I went thru this two years ago...because PSA was elevated by prostatitis I went through two biopsies...both negative...give me some feedback if you would please.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
(male)

dukert HB User

Also, I am now having an orgasism with no semen sometimes...like dry...have others here with prostatitis had their semen volume minimized because of the prostatitis??

Last edited by dukert; 09-27-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
(male)

excalibur09 HB User

Hi

Just a quick comment. Normally in straightforward prostatitis, semen volume does not diminish. From what I know, lack of semen is an indication of seminal vesiculitis, where an inflammation of the seminal vesicles happens. Seminal vesiculitis has the same tell tale signs as prostatitis (aching groin, problem with sitting for a long time, lack of libido etc) but is a different problem altogether - hope this helps.

Closed Thread