It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
(male)

djkyosti HB User
Any advice on epididymitis/prostatitis recovery?

For a couple of weeks I had notice increased urge to urinate and feeling like I could not completely empty my bladder. I had prostatitis once so figured I had it again and because I was very busy, I put off going to the doctor. Over the weekend, I started to get a throbbing pain in my left testicle and the pain made me feel a bit nauseous. Needless to say, I found this alarming and went immediately to see my doctor. He did a testicle exam and a prostrate exam and a urine test (no results yet I guess). He said I have prostatitis and also possibly epididymitis (since the epididis is where I had the pain). He prescribed Cipro. Today I still feel lousy although the pain is not as bad nor are the urological symtoms. I suspect that the Cipro is what makes me feel lousy.

Anybody have any experience with this illness? How long does it take to feel better? Am I going to still be sick on Thanksgiving?

FYI: I am also supposed to go see my urologist but he hasn't called me back yet. Hopefully I can get in today.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

tetianainto HB User
Re: Any advice on epididymitis/prostatitis recovery?

Hi - My husband went thru what you are going thru......it takes at least three days of antibiotics for any kind of improvement......as for the lousy feeling - make sure you are taking the meds on a full stomach, and drink water.....

hope that helps. c

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
(male)

djkyosti HB User
Re: Any advice on epididymitis/prostatitis recovery?

Thank you for the response. I am now on my fourth day of antibiotics and I do notice definite improvement. In fact, I think I feel ill now from the antibiotics (Cipro seems pretty rough) more than the infection. I saw a urologist who diagnosed epididymitis. Urine tests were all normal except for trace blood (which my doctor says is nothing to worry about) and the cultures are still pending.

Not a fun illness at all. My advice to anybody would be go to the doctor at the first sign of urinary discomfort or pain in your scrotum. Epididymitis is apparently very common especially after around age 35. I think I let my case go longer than was prudent.

Last edited by djkyosti; 11-26-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Closed Thread