It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2002, 04:38 PM   #1

Quirkydude HB User
Question Bacterial Prostatitis Advice

Just a bit of advice if anyone could. I've been on antibiotics for 13 weeks for bacterial prostatitis. 1 week Levaquin, 3 weeks Cipro, 6 weeks Tecquin and 3 weeks Septra. I finally went to an urologist instead of my own doctor. He only did a pre-exam urinalysis and when he did the digital exam, he didn't feel my prostate for more than a second (literally)...then said he found nothing wrong. I am sure, from the symptoms, that I am still infected. In your opinion, should a post digital exam urinalysis have been done?...and can he tell anything by just sticking his finger in and then right out? Would I be wrong to go back to my family practitioner and ask him to retest the prostatic fluids after the exam to make sure? Would my urologist be offended if I went back and requested that he did this test and possible a sonogram? I am still having regular urethra pain and my lower back and sides are hurting...in the kidney area. I told the urologist this, but he didn't really acknowledge it. He put me on Flomax to increase my urine stream....I could care less about my urine stream as long as I am still in pain. I was considering going to my Dr and asking him to put me on Floxin.....How does that sound?

Old 02-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #2

jess1963 HB User
I've had chronic prostatitis for years. I was on Cipro for months without satisfactory success. What helped me was to switch to a good grade of Goldenseal, I use Solgar, and combined it with Ecchynacia, also Solgar brand, and finally got relief. I've never since had the dull low back pain and malaise to return. It's very important to make sure the herbs are very good grade and smell very potent as most of it has been sitting around on shelves for years. I took 4 caps of each every 6 hours until all 60 caps (of each) were gone. Also as a good prostate toner I take about 3 Prostomax vitamins daily. I love em. Try it!

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2003, 05:55 AM   #3

Mitch65 HB User
About 18 monts I too developed an inflamed prostate. I also tried Cipro, as well many other variations to no avail. Someone advised me to start taking Saw Palmetto as well a product called "Better Man" twice a day. Within a month all pain was gone. I had no effects with the prostate problem other than this pain.

Old 02-09-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
(male)

Jooner18 HB User
Cipro sucks...

I'm 22 and my Urologist thought I might have a prostate infection. So they put me on cipro for like ten days, and all of a sudden my inner thighs (tendon area) was in a srious feeling, dull pain. It didn't really hurt to walk, but when I would sit for more than an hour, I would feel like I couldn't stand up. I don't know if that's tendonitis but that's a side effect. I'll never take Cipro again, even if we get an Anthrax bomb dropped on our heads...

Old 02-16-2003, 09:42 AM   #5

MikeGinny HB User
Quirkydude,

Basically, you are saying that you want to get a "second opinion." Happens all the time and that's perfectly reasonable. If the doctor didn't explain his reasoning for doing the tests the way he did, then that's his fault, not yours, and you have every right to question his actions.

I ALWAYS explain what I'm doing and why to my patients. I consider it basic common courtesy, to speak nothing of professionalism.

------------------
-Mike
Certified Mad Scientist

"90% of people are
caused by accident."

"90% of people are
caused by accident."

Closed Thread