It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

j2508 HB User
my boyfriends prostatitis issues

My boyfriend is 20 and he's been having pain in his penis after he ejaculates.

He says it also feels like he has to pee all the time, that feeling where if you hold your pee.

When he pees he says it takes a while to get going.

He also has lower abdomen pain.

He's been to a urologist and was taking flomax along with ibuprofen, then went back after three months and they put him on rapaflo...thinking that maybe he plateaud with the flomax and it couldnt help it any more.

Any suggestions?

Its very stressful on him, and he doesn't know what else to do but keep going back to this doctor. It really hasn't improved.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
(male)

howerd HB User
Re: my boyfriends prostatitis issues

It does indeed sound like prostatitis, and I'm sorry you both are dealing with it. The good news is that bouts of prostatitis do pass - it seems like it takes forever, but they pass. That nagging "have to pee" sensation is a real nuisance and annoyance but little by little it will go away until one day he just realizes it's not there anymore. That's been my experience anyway - I've had three or four bouts since high school but they all eventually went away. Antibiotics never seemed to help at all. Having the urologist do a "prostate massage" (which is basically just pushing on the prostate with his finger to purge fluid buildup) would seem to help for a couple days but that was about it.

The good news - ejaculation is thought to help clean the prostate out of bacteria and fluid. So, unless the pain after ejaculation is too severe, sex can actually help.

You're a good girlfriend to be trying to find help. Sorry I don't have better answers, but prostatitis is a nagging thing that basically just needs to run its course. He will get better, just give it some time.

Good luck,
Eisenhower

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

j2508 HB User
Re: my boyfriends prostatitis issues

Thanks ill pass this information on to him...it will actually help a lot, because he is so stressed by it, any positive notes are good. Thanks.

Closed Thread