It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

Steven45 HB UserSteven45 HB User
Unhappy Prostatitis again...

Hi everyone

I always seem to get a bout of prostatitis just about every year. I must be really susceptible to them because I can hope and pray I don't get one and then I end up getting one anyway because maybe I touched myself and my hands were not "perfectly clean" or something. Anyway, I absolutely DREAD these things and yet here we go again. I could just cry.

I know the drill well by now. 30 days of Cipro and tons of sometimes unbearable side effects (ie; anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, heart palps, upset stomach, etc) as well as the discomfort and depression that comes from the prostatitis itself.

I'm pretty much posting this hoping to get some moral support through this very difficult time. Someone to relate to and ride this out with me and offer support (I'll take all I can get right now). This is no fun going through alone.

Thank you for reading this.

- Steve

Last edited by Steven45; 09-14-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
(male)

Ropes End HB UserRopes End HB User
Re: Prostatitis again...

Sucks, man, and I'm sorry no one has replied to you sooner. If it makes you feel any better, I've been on cipro for two months now for my own (first) bout with the very same condition. Although, as opposed to you, the only side effect I seem to be suffering from (knock on wood) is slightly blurred vision, so you have my sympathies for all the other discomfort you're having to endure on top of the prostatitis.

At the very least, though, you do know that you will get better, and really relatively soon. Hold onto that thought in your worst moments, and I'm sure you'll be okay. In the meantime, surround yourself with friends, family, and entertaining distractions. Go out to dinner, catch a film, and always stay as busy as you can. Before you know it, I'm sure you'll feel well again, and all the pain you're going through now will soon be a distant memory.

Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread