It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
(male)

alex1987 HB User
prostatitis - ejaculation frequency

im 23 and have been suffering with prostatitis symptoms for 2 years. ive never had any problems with urination at all, the main issue has been pain after ejaculation. when i first had this problem it was agony, and every time i ejaculated it burned right underneath in my perineum, and in the tip of my penis.

i was on various antibiotics (norfloxacillin, levofloxacin) which at the time didnt seem to do much, but after did clear it up a bit. but every now and then it would ache after ejaculation. i didnt really have any other symptoms but this was very uncomfortable.

ive seen various urologists and my scans were fine, urine sample fine. been given cipro by my GP in the last year, and each time it was difficult to tell whether the tablets had done anything or whether it had naturally calmed down for a while. but every time it always reoccured. the pain/aching always would be very mild for a brief period after sex, and then would hurt when i woke up the next day for most of the day.

most of this year it has been fine. i have been with my girlfriend since april and at the start were having sex pretty much every other day, we still have sex quite a few times a week. its been fine mostly, only the occasional ache sometimes. i had a semen sample done last time i visited the hospital and this showed up some bacteria, so i was prescribed a week of flucloxacillin. this appeared to calm it down a bit but again it returned. i was given another week of this about 6 weeks ago. however 2 weeks ago it started really aching and felt sore underneath. i was given cipro again for 4 weeks. 10 days in, and i am experiencing no pain at all after ejaculation! im expecting it to hurt any second, but it doesnt.

my question is, i have heard it is good to ejaculate whilst on antibiotics, and certainly this seems to be helping me. how often should i? currently its roughly every 2/3 days. even on saturday when i did it twice it did not hurt, this is unbelievable. i have been on these tablets before and they were quite effective, but i really would like to kill this off for good!

i dont want to do more damage by overdoing it, any advice? thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
(male)

scrambling HB User
Re: prostatitis - ejaculation frequency

Sometimes it takes a while to find the right antibiotic to kill a particular bug. Hopefully you have found an effective one, and this will take care of your issue..

Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
(male)

demetri66 HB User

Make damn sure you kill it. If you don't, down the road you'll have a permanently enlarged prostate like me. I was so stupid. When I felt normal again I would stop the pills because I would be constantly nauseas. Cipro, levaquin, same thing. Then later that year I would get another infection and self medicate. Now im on Avodart for the prostate and sanctura for my overactive bladder. Im a riot on road trips!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
(male)

thisguy86 HB Userthisguy86 HB User

I had prostatitis that was confirmed by semen sample as well. I took Cipro for almost 2 months!! My doctor told me that it is good to ejaculate when on the antibiotics because it helps drain the prostate and bacteria, which gives the antibiotics a better chance at working. I would say you don't want to do it too frequently either because that can cause problems. From what I understood 3 times a week was sensible.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
(male)

my2cents2 HB User

You may have chronic prostatitis. I had the same symptoms as you, particularly pain during ejaculation. I tried all the antibiotics but it kept coming back. Someone told me that heat can often cure the infection. So I used both sitz baths (mildly effective) and warm (about 108 degrees) enemas (very effective). In 2 months all the symptoms disappeared and have never come back. Frequent ejaculation is always healthy for the prostate in general. Some claim that it is effective to prevent prostate cancer.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
(male)

Believe33 HB User

The chances of finding bacteria in semen samples is quite high so the chance that is the bacteria causing an infection in the prostate is probably pretty low. Your issue could be more of an inflamation issue. Besides, most antibiotics have at least one property of anti-inflammation, so taking them is going to help to some extent. For me, I tried all kinds of anti-biotics with little to know success (except permanent esophageal issues from Doxycycline), but once I started ejaculating once a day, things got MUCH better.

People need to realize that the prostate is actually somewhat of a dirty organ, and the having bacteria there is common in almost ALL men. Is it the bacteria, or is it simply inflammation?

Closed Thread