It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

tdaddylove HB User
Should I get a second opinion or more treatment?

First off what a great forum. Ok, Iím 31 years old and 2 weeks ago I had my first battle with prostatitis.

How it started:
I noticed that there was a weird feeling in my testicles and the tip of my penis after ejaculation. At first these feelings would go away after a nights sleep. But one day the feelings lingered for a couple days and on the 3rd day I got worried. I went to my family doctor and they didnít do anything but take a urinalysis. That came back negative after a 4 day wait. So at this point I am 7 days into it and this is when the pain in the tip of my penis increased dramatically. The pain came and went but it seemed to be based on how I was laying.

On to the Urologist:
Anyhow, I went to the Urologist immediately. Another urinalysis there and he also confirmed that there were no STDís present. After checking my penis and testicles with his hands, he used his finger to put pressure on my prostate. He did this to confirm that this was the same type of pressure/pain Iíve been experiencing and he was correct. He also found a nodule at the top of my epididymis and stated that I have a varicocele. In our conversation I mentioned that I seem to have symptoms of Epididymitis. He agreed that I have Epididymitis (not sure how he figured that out) and informed me that I have an inflamed prostate or prostatitis. He said my prostatitis didnít appear to be from the urethral end but rather from the other end. Anyhow he prescribed me a 2 week dosage of Doxy (100mg) and scheduled a Scrotal Ultrasound. And after the first day of Doxy the pain went away and I felt 10 times better.

After Doxy and Scrotal Scan:
After the first week of the Doxy dosage I noticed that my anus was very itchy at times. The itching lessened roughly 5 days after I was done with Doxy. My mother said it was probably a yeast infection because of antibiotic use. So I brought this up during my next visit with the Urologist.

Another urinalysis and then in to see the doc. I mentioned about the itching and said that if itís clearing up then donít worry about it. He mentioned that my scrotal scan showed calcium deposits in my testicles. He said it should be monitored and scheduled another scan 6 months from now. He also said I should inspect my nodule on my epididymis and report any growth immediately. And as far as the prostate issue he asked me how I felt and I was truthful. I told him that the pain went away immediately. But during the course of Doxy Iíve noticed slight discomfort after sex and sometimes throughout the day. Even a week after Doxy I was still getting periodic discomfort. I wouldnít call it pain but itís more like pressure on the tip of the penis and in between my scrotum and anus. He said for me to take ibuprofen in the morning and through out the day when needed. And I was on my way.

So my question is should I get a second opinion? Right now Iím about a month into this ordeal. About 2 weeks off of Doxy now. Iíve noticed that I donít have pain, itís more of that discomforting pressure feeling I described. This discomfort seems go away when Iím standing but is quite apparent depending on how Iím sitting. Iím just curious if this is common after the initial course of Doxy and will it subside naturally with time. The doc said that I may see him more frequently because it could be chronic prostatitis. I think most of my issues are now mental as I seem to focus on the area more than before. But most of my research lately shows people on antibiotics for one to almost two months. Also, I almost feel afraid to have sex because I donít want that weird feeling to happen again. Plus Iím not sure if sex is a good thing at this point. So far I havenít had any issue after ejaculation. The first time after Doxy had that same weird feeling but went away in a few hours. After that Iíve been okay and really tried to moderate my ejaculations down to 1-2 per week. And lastly, the itching seems to only occur when i'm going to the bathroom.

Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
(male)

Nadsarered HB User
Re: Should I get a second opinion or more treatment?

Well im dealing with something like your situation. My scrotum is red and it burns at times when sitting down. I cannot feel anything when im exercising. But I can tell you that Doxy can cause a yeast. I took 10 days of Cepro and 2 days later I took 10 days of Doxy.This caused a yeast in my butt which I had to put fungal cream for it to go away. Im still dealing with the burning scrotum issued though. If i find anything I will post it here

Last edited by Nadsarered; 04-24-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Closed Thread