It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

Not Real Sure HB User
Odd Prostatitis Symptoms

Hi All,

I've been suffering for about two months now with this condition. It started out as a feeling of urgency all the time. I soon realized that every time I felt the need to void, not much came out and the stream was very weak. After a few weeks I visited a urologist. He did a DRE, told me it's just prostatitis and recommended I get some Quercetin, Bromelaine, and take the max amount of an NSAID for a month. After a month, continue with the OTC items and it should burn it self out after about 3 months.

Fast forward to one month in to this recommendation. I have become very depressed and anxious. I went to a PCP and had a physical with all the blood work, etc. done, which I need to follow up with next week. I don't know my results yet. He also had me go for a bladder and prostate ultrasound. I am retaining urine apparently, but also don't know the results of these scans yet.

So my symptoms are a chronic feeling that I have some urine in my urethra, but not much comes out unless I wait until my bladder gets pretty full. Once I do finally pee (with weak stream, stop and go, incompletely), no matter what amount, I get some relief for a few minutes. About 15-30 minutes goes by and my urethra is burning again slightly and it's all I can focus on until I pee again. However, I do not have the typical burning while I pee. Another strange symptom is that if I have this discomfort and get an erection, it also subsides all the way through ejaculation. The same duration passes after ejaculation and the discomfort returns and the process starts all over again.

I haven't found any other posts where someone got relief from getting an erection or after peeing. Could this be something else? I have my PCP follow up next week and also a second urologist appointment set up. I'm running low on patience with this and my quality of life is really lacking right now.

Thank you for any feedback anyone can provide.

One thing I just remembered to include...I went to an urgent care clinic a couple weeks after the uro and went on Cipro for 10 days, which apparently did nothing.

Last edited by Not Real Sure; 05-11-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Added additional info about medication taken

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
burning, erection, prostate, prostatitis, urethra