It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
(male)

Not Real Sure HB User
Slight Burning in Male Urethra

I have had this problem for about 3 months now. I've been told it's prostatitis. Antibiotics for 10 days (cipro) didn't help. I feel like I have to constantly urinate, but very little comes out and when it does, I feel relief for a little while. Maybe 30 minutes tops. It is keeping me up at night. I can't live much longer like this. It's very uncomfortable.

I am scheduled for a cystoscopy Wednesday. I hate the thought of this, but maybe something will be discovered. I also don't have symptoms when I have an erection nor while ejaculating. It returns soon after though. I started taking zoloft again recently due to depression I've suffered mostly from this condition. I've discovered that this is now causing more urinary hesitancy as a side effect, so now I have trouble getting the small amount of relief urine out and have to wait for my bladder to fill more. I am hoping that this is psychological and the Zoloft will help it subside, but I can't know for sure.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

By the way, std tests have all been negative and prostate exam also fine.

Last edited by Not Real Sure; 06-06-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Adding that I tested negative for std's

Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
(male)

JTN1980 HB User
Re: Slight Burning in Male Urethra

Hey,I feel your pain..except I have been experiencing all the other classic symptoms of Prostatitis..if you read my post it will explain my problems...but I had 2 urine cultures done both negative for WBC and no sign of infection...all std's negative...did 10 days of Bactrim then 10 of Cipro with no help from either..main complaint is the Hesitant Urination,Have to urinate at least once a night...stream starts and stops but usually only once and a mild ache in my right testicle area and slight burning\itching feeling post masterbation and sometimes come and goes with or without voiding of urine..but I am also on Zoloft 150mg's for anxiety and am switching back to paxil..my doctor said i probably have prostatitis but he feels I should see a Urologist anyway..but do to no insurance\lost job due to kidney disease..there is no way I can afford it for no reason...but my point here is my doc failed to mention some of these symptoms as being Zoloft related...Nocturia,Hesitancy,Dribbling and the like..dont think thats the root of the problem for me or you but it seems we are in the same boat...any other symptoms? I am currently on Doxycycline 100mgs now for 19 days or so...seems to help a bit..but from what I read it is very hard to get the antibiotics to the prostate due to lack of blood flow...also I have read that most urinalysis and cultures usually test negative for any bacteria or infection..and the only way to no for sure if it is an infection..is to have a prostatic massage...and then have that fluid tested in a 3 way culture..read about the procedure for that..and unless you want to be molested...i would pass..but then again everyone is different...

-J-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
(male)

Not Real Sure HB User

So at least I'm not alone. Which unfortunately doesn't ease the discomfort for either of us. I have been going for pelvic floor physical therapy sessions. Actually going for the second one today. Rather uncomfortable I must say. The urologist explained that many guys with this situation benefit from this. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

The worst part of all this is not knowing what exactly is going on and how long it will last. The other bad part is not being able to relax or sleep well due to a chronic anxiety and discomfort that goes along with it. I wake up throughout the night with an urgency feeling in my urethra and can't get the little bit of urine (at this point I know it's only a little after months of this) to get started and sometimes have to run a hot bath just to get going. Once I void a few drops, I feel some relief. It's extremely depressing and insomnia inducing.

I am scheduled for a cystoscopy tomorrow which I am terrified of, but if it helps figure anything out, I need to just bite the bullet. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm hoping this is all stress related and that the zoloft will kick in and I will be ok again, but not knowing is the worst feeling in the world.

Thank you for your reply.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
(male)

JTN1980 HB User

I get what your going through..I as well have suffered from extreme anxiety,panic attacks{runs in the family..hehe}..have been reading about this and other conditions that can be brought on by stress...I am under an incredible amount myself..and the anxiety has caused me the following symptoms over the last 6 years..

Constant Tingling sensation in my legs and feet below the knees{for 6 years now} I have just learn to live with it..if it was a tumor,ALS,MS I would be dead by now..no back injuries and nothing wrong on scans..unexplainable

Random Muscle Twitches..all over from head to toe..might be in my temples one minute and the next in my leg,back,stomach..you name it..about every 5-10 minutes..

Classic Panic and Anxiety symptoms,cold wet feet and hands,adrenaline rush,faintness..shortness of breath,burning feeling inside my body..and a host of others...

Eczema on my elbows and knees.{skin condition said to be brought on by stress..

Chronic A.M. diarrhea for over 2 years...no explanation from docs..

Severe Hemmerhoids{probably from the Diarrhea}

Chronic Kidney Disease{MCD} diagnosed after biopsy as idiopathic which means the idiots dont have a frickin clue what caused it..

Osteopenia{bone loss} from the meds i had to take for my kidney disease...

And now this assumed Prostatitis thing...symptoms include:
Burning\Itching after ejac or urination
Ache in right testicle\hip
Constant urge to urinate with little voiding
Decreased sex drive\no morning erection
Hesitant urination..once i get going its a little and then stops for 10-15 seconds and then the rest comes out
Urination at least once a night
Discharge after urination{only a few times}
And no matter how much i shake and squeeze i seem to dribble a bit of urine after i walk 10' from the damn toilet...

So my point to all this is none of these conditions that I have can be explained..except for one common factor....Anxiety

I am STD free 100% sure multiple tests and been with the same girl for 8 years faithfully anyway...
Currently switching from 150mg of Zoloft to 40 mg of paxil...i stopped paxil because i gained 40 pounds on it...but the zoloft is not as effective for anxiety as it is for depression..but i have been on prozac,celexa, cymbalta and zoloft..and none compare to paxil...of course if your doc is kind enough to identify with your problems he may give you some xanax for acute panic attacks..
I have no insurance..so a urologist at this point is out of the question because i already owe 30,000 in medical bills...
Keep me posted...its nice to have someone to talk to about this stuff..

-j-

Closed Thread