It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
(male)

marcddd HB User
anyone had or have these symptoms

Hi

Ill start from the begining but will try to keep it short!

about 6 weeks ago i started to suffer a white discharge from my penis when i woke up in the mornings, i really didnt know what to think as i,ve never encountered like this before. Anyway i decided to leave it alone and hopefully it was just nothing but within a few days the discharge got worse and turned a yellow colour and leaked during the as well as in the mornings. This also was a accompanied by burning when urinating and a feeling like urine was trapped in my penis when i,d finished. So i give in and went to the dr who for a guy was less than sympathetic but he took a swab and a urine sample and put me on a course of trimeprothlin (im uk based and thats what they use here. I took the tablets and the pain remained but the discharge slowly began to clear, i finished the course but i still had slight burning so i went back to the dr, he said my test results were clear and i had a non specific uti. He told me to wait three months and use paracetomols for the pain, i wasnt happy but thought your the doc so you must be right. The burning returned everytime i went to the toilet, and i was going alot during the day but when i did there was always alot of urine to pass unlike others on here. The discharge also came back so i went back to the dr and asked to see a different one and she was much better, she checked for chlyamidia (he hadnt done that) and did another urine test, results returned all clear. So she put me back on trimeprothlin and has reffered me to a urologist, who i see next week.

the pain as now pretty much gone along with discharge although i do wake up evey night at about 3 am to pass urine and this really burns.

I should mention that im 34 and otherwise healthy but i have (for about ten years) woke up at about 3 am to pass urine and in the mornings i also pass alot of urine about every 40mins for about 3 hours before it settles down and im normal for the rest of the day.

Also about 3 years ago i got horrific pain in my balls and i saw a dr who suspected i was getting a twist and adviced me to rest, which i did and it went away but i do occasionally get an ache there especially when walking.

I also have a mild pain that comes and goes in my groin, so any help or ideas would be great?

Thanks

Ps i wrote this on my phone so apologies if its a bit jummbled

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
(male)

marcddd HB User
Re: anyone had or have these symptoms

Update:

Since i posted this message i've been to see a urologist, he examined me including my prostate (ouch) and he thinks i have a bacterial infection.

He's prescribed me a strong anti biotic that i must take for four weeks, i then have to go for a flexible cystoscopy he said this is to rule out any anotmical problems with my bladder.

His initial diagnosis is that i have an infection that as spread to my prostate, he said my prostate does not feel enlarged. He said its important that i take the anti biotics as this hopefully will cure me of the infection and stop it from becoming chronic (he told me i really dont want this to happen)

While taking the trimoprothin my stmptoms went totally but have started to return this week (no discharge) just burning..

Also my wife as a recurrent uti, she started with this before me and although he said it wasnt connected i cant help thinking it is..

Anyone else had similer symptoms would be great to hear a good outcome?

Closed Thread