It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
(male)

lee mae phelps HB User
Prostate Massage for Chronic Prostatitis?

I'm 41 years old, and at the end of last year/beginning of this year saw a consultant urologist who put me on a course of ciproxin for a bout of suspected prostatitis. My problems seemed to clear up but, throughout the year, I have suffered erectile problems and, more recently, the prostatitis seems to have flared up worse than before.

The symptoms are probably less protracted than others on here, who I sympathise sincerely with, but are worse than when I had it before. It started with frequent urination and dribbling, on the very day I was going on a date. Since then, over the past three weeks, it has involved feeling mildly fevered, occasional night time sweats, mild burning sensation when urinating, chills, lower back pain and lethargy.

These have not all been constant, but have each occurred at various stages in recent weeks. Such that it is really just the intermittent lower back pain, fatigue and occasional mild feverish sensation that remains. I have noticed that it seems to come on after I have been sexually aroused.

I was quick to return to see my local practice doctor as soon as these symptoms presented themselves, so frustrated was I at the recurrence of this. I was quickly put on ciproxin, and take saw palmetto myself too. But, on visiting my consultant again, at the end of last week, he diagnosed chronic prostatitis and suggested a prostate massage, with a possible subsequent course of antibiotics.

I have read a little about prostate massage, but was wondering if this is a widely accepted procedure for treatment of chronic prostatitis, as much of the literature on it seems to be inconclusive on its benefits?

I'm in reasonable shape, am not overweight, have an average diet, as this country goes, i.e. not good but not bad, though I don't eat as much fresh fruit and veg as I should. Owing to personal circumstances/family issues, as well as work, I have always led a very stressful life. Never more so than this year, which has been relentless, and I know has worn me down considerably. I have always been very highly sexed too, and so wonder if this cycle is just the result of a cumulative effect.

I wondered too if there is any relationship between chronic prostatitis, and continued inflammation of the prostate, and the development of prostate cancer? My grandfather and uncle on my mothers side both developed prostate cancer, the former, sadly, fatally. And while I know I really need to take care of my health anyway, as well as my mind, I wonder if there is extra cause for concern? Any tips on maintaining a healthy prostate welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread