It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
(male)

BadYear HB User
Prostatitis + "tight nut syndrome" + difficulty pooing!

Up until now I've been healthy all my life, never had an operation or 'anything internal'. I'm 36 years old, but a very young, very active 36 (up 'til now I was always brimming with energy but this thing is making me feel very old and depressed).

Anyway, been suffering some strange symptoms since July, started getting this burning feeling behind my belly button when I went to pee, plus a delay in the pee coming out (like a 'shelf' inside) and burning at the tip on passing water. This graduated to a general feeling of discomfort inside, it made my midsection feel vulnerable, kind if like I had a needle inside that linked my bellybutton and the base of my penis. Not only that, I notice a difference when I poo, it's a bit more difficult to go, like it's slightly blocked, plus the force/peristalsis is much weaker. Also, I wasn't getting the frequent urination problem, it was more the opposite, I had to drink lots and lots of water so I COULD pee, 'cos having a full bladder seemed to help the discomfort out.

Over the course of three months, initially booked into A&E (they thought it was a UTI, plus sent me for STD tests, everything was all clear). So went back to my doctor, and he gives me cystopurin (doesn't work) so I go back again and basically tells me to drink loads of liquids and go back in 3 months if it hasn't cleared.

So, a few weeks ago, out of nowhere, my nuts started going *really* tight practically ALL the time, literally like a walnut, right up to the sides(!) As I have a job where I walk about a lot, they were constantly rubbing when I walk and eventually became very tender and painful. Only thing that seems to make them come out and stay out is if I lay down on my bed.

I'm really stressed by this, in conjunction with the other bladder thing, so I book in and see a different doc on Monday, who gives me a rectal exam (it hurts like hell!) and finally I get this situation diagnosed, he says I've got prostatitis.

Doc give me Ciprofloxacin 500mg (two tablets a day, four-week course) which I started taking a few days ago. Not enjoying it so far, makes me feel a bit 'off', a bit out of it, mentally.

One bad thing is that I haven't done a normal bowel movement in over a week, in fact I'm often having trouble even getting it out. It's always splattery/watery, and I've had a few moments today where I can feel it's there but there's no force to push it out, I have to strain really hard (and I don't like straining) so I just leave it be. It's very worrying.

A few questions for you all:

*Did Cipro work for you, and if so, how long 'til the good effects begin? Any bad side effects?

*Anyone had the 'tight nut syndrome' I speak of, and could it be related to my prostatitis?

*The poo thing, you reckon I should be so worried about it? Anyone had it?

Sorry if I'm so manic here, just using this as a way to subdue my anxieties!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread