It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

BadYear HB User
Cipro and ANXIETY from Hell?

Yeah, been on this stuff 6 days now. It *does* seem to be having a bit of a positive effect in regards to internal discomfort but I've been noticing a horrible side effect: intense and prolonged anxiety/panic attacks, plus self-harm urges(!!!)

Sure, I was stressed out by the problems but not to the extent that I was panicky (I was more depressed than anything else).

I've basically spent the last 90 minutes pacing about, trembling and getting horrible thoughts that don't seem to go away, my mind is racing terribly.

If I could describe the sensation, it's like when you have a 'whitey' when smoking strong cannabis, and you go all nuts and panicky (haven't smoked that stuff for over six years, btw).

Anyone else had this side effect? And, if so, does it go away after a bit? It's just...I've got a four-week course of these and I don't fancy spending a further three weeks one day feeling this way, I feel like I'm going nuts at times.

Last edited by BadYear; 10-24-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
(male)

BadYear HB User
Re: Cipro and ANXIETY from Hell?

Weeelll, it's now 27 hours since I last took a Cipro and my anxiety levels are way down. I'm still a little edgy, kind of a 'post-stress stress', but it's not out of control like it has been for the last 6 days.

Went back to the doctors, he changed my medication to doxycycline and an alpha blocker instead, just hope that works...and doesn't cause anxiety!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
(male)

BadYear HB User
Re: Cipro and ANXIETY from Hell?

Brief aftermath to all this:

Cipro sent me TOTALLY NUTS. Do not go on this drug if you have *any* (however minor) issues with nerves/depression in your past. Stuff will make you worse than Michael Jackson fiending for that Propofol 'milk'.

Lost all my confidence whilst on this, almost to the point of losing my job. Nearly four weeks on, and a dose of antidepressants + benzos later, the poison seems to be finally exiting my brain/body, the nightmare seems to be clearing a tad.

STILL got 'prostatitis' but can live with that now, it's not nice, it's uncomfortable, but it's at least bearable, I was pure biyatch back then, I can cope with that feeling now I know how bad the alternative is. Feels like an ice cream sundae compared to the H.P. Lovecraft-style madness of the Cipro.

**Once again, let me reiterate, if you have any CNS-type issues, please try to avoid this drug!!!!**

(And *also* try to avoid NSAID-type painkillers such as Ibuprofen, I was advised by my doc these were OK to take with Cipro but it's one of the worst drug interactions you could ever make!)

Last edited by BadYear; 11-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Closed Thread