It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
(male)

ronmanky HB User
Do I Have Prostatitis or What?

Hi a few weeks ago I suddenly started having some urinary symptoms. No pain, but frequent urination and need to urinate, like very often. I am 29 yo. I was tested for stds as a precaution since I thought it might be UTI. They gave me a shot and a one time dose of zithromax. That night I ran a fever but no more fever after that. I had urinealysis and culture done both of which were negative. I should also say that for some time preceding my urinary symptoms I had a feeling of fullness coming from my left rear, inside. Only when I'm sitting or laying I notice it. But that was before my urinary symptoms appeared. Now about a week and a half ago, I was put on a round of Amoxcicillin as a precaution after minor dental surgery. During that week or so my urinary symptoms disappeared. Is this coincidence? I have an appointment with urologist in 2 weeks to try and get some answers. I also suspect I have an internal hemmeroid bt not sure if that would cause any urinary symptoms. Is this prostatitis? Can it be cured or stopped? The urinary symptoms/pressure is just annoying. Thanks for any input!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
(male)

Estragon HB User
Re: Do I Have Prostatitis or What?

Feeling of pressure is consistent with prostatitis, and need to urinate can be as well. I had prostatitis last year, and while I did have pressure, my urination was normal. But not all guys with prostatitis come down with the same symptoms. The urologist should be able to figure this out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread