It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
(male)

worried29 HB User
Prostatitis:(pls help

Hi ,

I am 29years old .I started having symptoms of Prostatitis a week ago . Initially their was pain after passing urine in penis and a bit uncomfort in-between the rectum and penis area, the GP told me that its a UTI and given antibiotics for that. After 2 days the pain was still their i went to my GP again and told him that i am still having pain. He GP performed a rectal examination and informed me that the prostate gland has inflammation and its quite tender. He has given me Cipro which i am using from last 3 days now but its not that helpful so far.

I have read on internet that prostate gland inflammation can be because of prostate cancer i am so worried. i never had uninary problems in my life and prostatitis just hit me in these last 10 days.

I have read about few people who are suffering from same problem, it give me a bit strength to think positive that it can be cured.

can you guys please tell me how long it will take to heal up and what are the chances of person having prostatitis to have prostate cancer?

and also does it will going to effect my sexual life ?

will really appreciate your replies

many thanks

Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
(male)

BadYear HB User
Re: Prostatitis:(pls help

I can't answer all your questions but can only offer you what I've observed about my own situation, so far.

If you're tolerating the Cipro (I can't!), then stick with it as it seems to help in many cases. Is it a 28-day course? I had a bad reaction to it, though I'm in the minority, had to quit it on day 6 'cos it was making me insane. Stuff is incredibly powerful and should kill anything, so if it's bacterial, then it should eventually kill your bug off.

Try not to worry about cancer as stress seems to cause more problems down there. If you're not getting blood or anything, it's more likely to be something vastly less life-threatening.

Prostatitis is an umbrella term, and is just an easy way for doctors to explain away problems 'down there'. There are many different, minor things that can go wrong and all these ailments get the same label. I initially thought these things would be taken very seriously by my doctor (given the 'cancer factor' of groinal problems) but he didn't seem to give a *****, and I'm quickly discovering that 'prostatitis' is a massively widespread disorder, is 90% of the time harmless (though uncomfortable) and you've basically got to live with it.

All you're gonna get is Cipro, Doxycycline, Trimethroprim, and maybe Alpha-Blockers like Tamsulosin, which is a muscle relaxant that might relax your bladder muscles and make it easier to pee. They might work, they might not. You might have it for years.

My 'prostatitis', I still have it but it has improved a bit since I gave up smoking just over a week ago. I've also started taking zinc supplements, and that seems to help, mildly.

Also, try to lay down more, I started having testicular problems but since having some time off work, I decided to rest myself and four weeks later, the testicular problems have resolved. Still got problems with the 'dribble', but I can live with that.

PS: Sexual thing is fine. I find abstinence (which I thought was the best idea, initially) is actually BAD, for me, at least. If I ejaculate every 2 days or so, I'm fine, was trying to not ejaculate and was getting terrible pains in the epididymis.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadYear For This Useful Post:
worried29 (11-20-2011), zorkov (12-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
(male)

worried29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYear View Post
I can't answer all your questions but can only offer you what I've observed about my own situation, so far.

If you're tolerating the Cipro (I can't!), then stick with it as it seems to help in many cases. Is it a 28-day course? I had a bad reaction to it, though I'm in the minority, had to quit it on day 6 'cos it was making me insane. Stuff is incredibly powerful and should kill anything, so if it's bacterial, then it should eventually kill your bug off.

Try not to worry about cancer as stress seems to cause more problems down there. If you're not getting blood or anything, it's more likely to be something vastly less life-threatening.

Prostatitis is an umbrella term, and is just an easy way for doctors to explain away problems 'down there'. There are many different, minor things that can go wrong and all these ailments get the same label. I initially thought these things would be taken very seriously by my doctor (given the 'cancer factor' of groinal problems) but he didn't seem to give a *****, and I'm quickly discovering that 'prostatitis' is a massively widespread disorder, is 90% of the time harmless (though uncomfortable) and you've basically got to live with it.

All you're gonna get is Cipro, Doxycycline, Trimethroprim, and maybe Alpha-Blockers like Tamsulosin, which is a muscle relaxant that might relax your bladder muscles and make it easier to pee. They might work, they might not. You might have it for years.

My 'prostatitis', I still have it but it has improved a bit since I gave up smoking just over a week ago. I've also started taking zinc supplements, and that seems to help, mildly.

Also, try to lay down more, I started having testicular problems but since having some time off work, I decided to rest myself and four weeks later, the testicular problems have resolved. Still got problems with the 'dribble', but I can live with that.

PS: Sexual thing is fine. I find abstinence (which I thought was the best idea, initially) is actually BAD, for me, at least. If I ejaculate every 2 days or so, I'm fine, was trying to not ejaculate and was getting terrible pains in the epididymis.

Many thanks for your reply

its being v helpful, its just that i have started searching on internet and found all this information and ended up thinking that i can have prostate cancer or something like that.

well , yes i am taking cipro at the moment and it is a bit helpful. though it is making me a bit stressed i guess. cause my wife pointed out that i started getting a bit frustrated and argumentative from last 3-4 days. I hope i will sort it out. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. He has advised me to go for certain basic blood test just to check if things are okay. The test includes renal profile,liver function test,plasma c reactive protein test,FBC. After reading on internet i thought i will ask him to give me a PSA test just to be sure but since he has done DRE so i will be fine and that the PSA test are not accurate.

I am trying to change life style now, have taken days off from work for 2 weeks. yes i found it more comfortable to lay down than to sit. sometimes if i just work hard it start giving me pain. I hope this pain will go down with time and i will be able to get back to my normal life. I am not even going to gym its 2 weeks now and not for swimming. life seemed to be changed just trying to cope up with this all.

GP will ask me about the medicine tomorrow i will explain him and will see what he will suggest further. I did ejaculate yesterday didn't felt any pain in penis or testicles so far . Just a bit un comfortable as if something is there stuck at my back and sometimes a burning sensation after passing urine.

I don't smoke or drink. so just taking plenty of water and good food. Didn't used zinc but if its helpful will give it a try.

Many thanks again

The following user gives a hug of support to worried29:
zorkov (12-06-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to worried29 For This Useful Post:
zorkov (12-06-2011)
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
(male)

zorkov HB User

I am going in for a TURP Dec 21 2011 as I can not void at all and have been using catheters since June of 2011. Hope to keep men posted as to progress as I go along. I am getting great care at the VA hospital in Sacramento CA US.

Closed Thread