It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
(male)

zorest HB User
Non-Bacterial Prostatitis! Need Support!

Hi All,

Dealing with this disease is awful. I have been suffering for eight months now. A Urologist gave me a couple antibiotics including Cipro after a DRE because my prostate was inflamed and pain to the touch. The inflammation went away I think, but I am still having constant feeling of something in my rectum especially when sitting. I get that tightness feeling sometimes too when standing. I tried the massaging intra-rectal point method and it helps. I have also tried hot baths which also help. Anyone else feel like they are sitting on a ball or marble and have strange dull rectal sensations or itching? Btw, I have no urinary symptoms but I will tell you that after ejaculation my symptoms became worse. My rectum became sore and moist. I did not feel pain when ejaculating except at onset when I felt a dull cramp around the prostate area. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for being here.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
(male)

Estragon HB User
Re: Non-Bacterial Prostatitis! Need Support!

I've been there, and I came through it OK.

Many symptoms the same as yours: pain or dull ache; feeling like a foreign object had been shoved up my butt that I couldn't get rid of; avoided sex because of potential discomfort; but no urinary symptoms. I had this for a couple of months, and the urologist was no help at all. They seem to have no clue how to deal with the non-bacterial form of prostatitis.

What helped: hot baths (keep taking them); exercise (much walking and calisthenic-type exercises to strengthen that area); pills (saw palmetto); and changes in diet. Regarding the last, I don't remember all the details, but there is abundant stuff you can look up on the Net (I think I cut way down on alcohol, caffeine and spices, and ate a lot of raw stuff). I also got myself a donut cushion to sit on. After a while, I felt the disease start to recede, and a couple days later, it was gone.

Another thing to look into: check for treatments not under prostatitis (which is an umbrella term for a number of diseases) but for "chronic pelvic pain" - probably a better descriptor.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estragon For This Useful Post:
zorest (01-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
(male)

zorest HB User

Thank you Estragon for your reply.

Yes, CPPS is more likely the culprit and I am doing better, but that is because I am taking hot baths and avoiding ejaculations. I remember I had no symptoms for a week before, and I thought the ghost was clear, so I stimulated twice and then the symptoms became even worse than before. I need to get a doughnut indeed because I notice it is when I sit my symptoms are at its worse. When you had this problem, did you notice more discomfort after sex and did you see any decrease in sexual desire? TG I still get a woodpecker in the morning, but overall it takes more to stimulate myself than before the onset of this disease. I did have my urine and stool checked by an MD Urologist and I'm pretty sure it all came back negative. What I am worried about is that if this keeps going on and I don't release that I could get an infection at once. I hope knowone has to deal with this type, because it is very annoying and overwhelming. Btw, what are calisthenic-type exercises? This is new to me. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by zorest; 01-08-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot something

Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
(male)

Estragon HB User

By calisthenics I'm referring to things like Kegel exercises.

Also, some exercises I did for dealing with a small hernia - mostly various leg lifts and the like, to strengthen the muscles in that area. You should be aware of the theory that non-bac. prostatitis is caused by accumulating tension in that region, so you should work towards reducing that tension. Do some research on "Wise-Anderson protocol" - these are the doctors who developed that theory.

I did see a decrease of interest in sex, for the simple reason that when I'm experiencing discomfort down there, it tends to kill any desire. For this reason I don't remember any discomfort after sex - because I was hardly having any.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-09-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
(male)

zorest HB User
Wink Re: Non-Bacterial Prostatitis! Need Support!

Thanks Estragon.
Your support is much appreciated.

I notice sometimes I get an itchy feeling around my rectal opening. Is this common? I have no urinary problems at all and in fact I can maintain an erection and have a strong release. All my symptoms are rectal related and very distressing.

I have purchased a slew of herbs and minerals and took them for two days. Today I have noticed less discomfort and I haven't taken a hot bath. I am taking Quercetin 500mg, Echinachia and Golden Seal capsule, Zinc, Selenium, Saw Palmetto, and One-A-Day multi-vitamin for men.

Besides Kegel exercises, do you think lunges or squats holding 25lb. free weights would be healthy for the muscles in the area? When doing inter rectal massaging with a finger, what area should I be massaging? It is hard to reach the prostate.

I pray every day for healing and I will also pray that no one else has to deal with this terrible disease. To all those suffering, don't lose hope. I know what you are going through. If we got into this mess there has got to be a way out of this mess.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
(male)

Estragon HB User

It sounds like you're making some progress. Herbs and minerals helped me, as did modifying my diet, as I stated above. One thing I discovered though in the course of doing research, is that different treatments work for different people. You may have to experiment to find what works for you.

As to your specific issues, I don't recall any rectal itching, nor did I do any massaging of that region, so I can't give you any advice there. As for exercises, all I can really say is try them and see if they help.

To recap, what worked for me was a 5-pronged approach:
- hot baths
- pills
- dietary changes
- donut cushion (i.e. relieving pressure on the region)
- exercises

And a positive mental attitude. Since this is a chronic disease, I'm not worried about a recurrence, since I have a system for handling it now. Occasionally I get a 5-minute reminder that I had it. But I've been free of it for about 18 months.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
(male)

tpcolford HB User

Hi all,

I was recently diagnosed in emergency with prostatitis. What brought me to emergency was extreme urinary retention. I was catherized, given Cipro antibiotic and simply told to go home. The catheter works, but the hospital never did a urine culture on me, and I have no fever, so I do not know why it was considered an infection that CIPRO can cure. I have been off work for about two weeks, and still have a catheter. What is very disturbing is that after supper, I get extremely bloated, even though I am not retaining urine. It scares me, and I get extremely tired. No PSA test either. I wonder how long this is going to take and if it is ever going to end. Mu Urologist has been quite useless. I also had extreme lower back spasms, but given no anti-inflammatory medications. Anyone with suggestions would assist me greatly. All the best, Paul.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
(male)

quincy1man HB User

there is a significant amount of information on the internet and on this site regarding pelvic muscles that are too tight and cause pressure on the nerves that feed into the urinary/prostate/genital area. perhaps the kegel exercises are not what you should be doing but learning how to stop tensing your pelvic muscles. I have noticd that i do this all day long and don't realize it. It is called protective tensing. you may have had a trauma to the area that causes tensing or you may just have anxiety and are tensing up to protect yourself psychologically.
focus on how your pelvic muscles relax when you are sitting on the toilet and you pee. the floor muscles should relax at this time. this is how your pelvic muscles should be all the time. Kegel might make things worse I would look into first...

Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcolford View Post
Hi all,

I was recently diagnosed in emergency with prostatitis. What brought me to emergency was extreme urinary retention. I was catherized, given Cipro antibiotic and simply told to go home. The catheter works, but the hospital never did a urine culture on me, and I have no fever, so I do not know why it was considered an infection that CIPRO can cure. I have been off work for about two weeks, and still have a catheter. What is very disturbing is that after supper, I get extremely bloated, even though I am not retaining urine. It scares me, and I get extremely tired. No PSA test either. I wonder how long this is going to take and if it is ever going to end. Mu Urologist has been quite useless. I also had extreme lower back spasms, but given no anti-inflammatory medications. Anyone with suggestions would assist me greatly. All the best, Paul.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

I literally feel your pain and anguish. First of all, I've been dealing with this for about 46 years since adolescence and just recently got control.

I have experienced similar symptoms including severe lower backache, leg pain compared to restless leg syndrome, peri anal discomfort, frequent rashes on the penile shaft and scrotum, chronic hemorrhoids, "gooey" ejaculate during an erection and post ejaculation, intense itching and burning on the scrotum as well as a myriad of other symptoms. Needless to say I avoided medical attention, only because as a surgical assistant I see first hand the limitations surrounding this disorder.

Now I can only speak for what has worked for me. Clarity revealed itself when I approached it as a fungal assault. If it's non-bacterial, it is more than likely fungal. All the antibiotics on the planet is useless unless it has anti fungal properties. Only then did I notice relief.

The Candida fungal overgrowth is an invasion of epidemic proportions. It mimics various disorders and leaves the medical community clueless.

If I were you, I would look in that direction.
You got nothing to lose but your pain!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
(male)

soil HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorest View Post
Hi All,

Dealing with this disease is awful. I have been suffering for eight months now. A Urologist gave me a couple antibiotics including Cipro after a DRE because my prostate was inflamed and pain to the touch. The inflammation went away I think, but I am still having constant feeling of something in my rectum especially when sitting. I get that tightness feeling sometimes too when standing. I tried the massaging intra-rectal point method and it helps. I have also tried hot baths which also help. Anyone else feel like they are sitting on a ball or marble and have strange dull rectal sensations or itching? Btw, I have no urinary symptoms but I will tell you that after ejaculation my symptoms became worse. My rectum became sore and moist. I did not feel pain when ejaculating except at onset when I felt a dull cramp around the prostate area. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks for being here.
Hi, sorry to hear of your miserable illness. I did not have exactly the same symptoms but major pain in prostrate area for last 3 months, no infection, no urinary crisis, just seriuos pain that put me in the ER twice. I also have restless leg syndrome, little muscle twithes, mostly a nuisance. When my doctor put me on 1mg daily of Clonazepam, all the prostrate pain was gone in 2 days and has not come back. I hope you get better soon!
Bill

The Following User Says Thank You to soil For This Useful Post:
tpcolford (02-15-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
(male)

tpcolford HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil View Post
Hi, sorry to hear of your miserable illness. I did not have exactly the same symptoms but major pain in prostrate area for last 3 months, no infection, no urinary crisis, just seriuos pain that put me in the ER twice. I also have restless leg syndrome, little muscle twithes, mostly a nuisance. When my doctor put me on 1mg daily of Clonazepam, all the prostrate pain was gone in 2 days and has not come back. I hope you get better soon!
Bill
Hi All,

My prostrate is better, but I remain on CIPRO. I find the CIPRO causes fairly severe lower abdominal bloating that causes me discomfort and distress. Does anyone else on CIPRO feel this way. Once CIPRO is over, does the bloating go away ? Paul.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
(male)

tpcolford HB User

Interesting comment on Clonazapam. Paul.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
(male)

soil HB User

It is strange but people are looking for anything that will help. The doctors just seem to give up and say" it will eventually go away", well, I will too!

Bill

Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Bill. Paul.
Am I correct to conclude that the source of your Prostatitis is bacterial?

Closed Thread