It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Prostatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
(male)

joejds HB User
60 yo is this prostitis

Im hoping for some insight here esepecially with the amount of pain im having. Ive had two previous attacks which were very mild required no medication and went away by themselves i did go to my family md for these and kinda left it at that.
This time ive had serious pain for the last three weeks i went to my doc after one week he started me on cipro which ive been taking for almost two weeks.The pain in my perianal area radiates to my rectum and it literally feels like my ars is on fire,ive taken god alwful amts of advil and alleve with very little relief the only thing that lessens the pain is percocet.The doc did std testing and im clean there.I also have epididymitis in my left groin which the doc noticed on exam.Im hoping someone out there can give me some perspective on this....Thanks

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
(male)

submalst88 HB User
Re: 60 yo is this prostitis

Sorry to hear about your situation..it sounds awful.
The Cipro should be kicking in around now. Hopefully you have no side affects. Keep with it. Most folks have stayed with it for 4 weeks before it clears completely heals up(but everybody is different).
Alot of folks have mentioned getting a donut cushion to sit on which should help with some relief and remove the pressure around your bum. Additionally, you can also try taking hot baths...(sitz bath).

You can also take certain prostate vitamins/ and or Saw Palmetto that comes along with beta-sitosterol lycopene as they may also helps as well.
Finally, you may want to check in with your doctor to see if you should be taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) with CIPRO.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
(male)

submalst88 HB User

Last edited by submalst88; 02-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
(male)

soil HB User

Hi,

I had non-symptomatic prostatitis-no infection, no urinary crisis, no cancer, nothing but enlarged prostrate found on CAT scan, I am 60, probably most guys that age have that to some degree.. on and on the pain went, went to the ER twice got stronger meds, finally got rid of the condition (after 3 months) with some medication prescribed (by general physician)for restless leg syndrome, clonazepam. Within 36 hours pain was gone and has not come back. Urologist did not prescribe anything for me, just do sits baths and take pain meds, it will eventually go away he said. Well, there must have been something else going on. talk to your doc about clonazepam and related drugs that do something with relaxing muscles on the pelvic floor or region. I know, the pain is terrible, try anything!
Bill

The Following User Says Thank You to soil For This Useful Post:
joejds (03-01-2012)
Closed Thread